Chapter 11

I walk into Yakov's room and see him talking with Sergei. Yakov looks at me and smiles, while he continues to talk. Roberto and Glenn stand on either sides of me and I feel Roberto wrap his arm around my shoulders. 

"Prince Yakov." I hear Glenn say to him with a serious expression.

"Yes, Prince Glenn?" Yakov looks up at Glenn and stare at each other, both wearing serious expressions. They sit there, silently staring at each other for a few seconds, until Glenn breaks the silence. 

"Good luck with this one." Glenn says with a soft smile as he rustles my hair playfully.

"Thank you," Yakov's expression lightens as well as he smiles up at me. 

"I assume she will be staying at the castle then?" Sergei says, looking a bit disappointed.

"Sergei, do not address Yami so rudely." Yakov orders Sergei, with his serious face. "Please call her by her name."

"As you wish, Yakov." Sergei then turns his attention to me. "What would you like me to address you as?"

"Um-" I start, before I get cut off by Yakov.

"Princess Yami will do."

"As you wish."

"I'd be fine without the 'princess' part." I say to Sergei.

"No, only I and the other princes should call you that."

"Um, okay." I then realize something. "Sergei, can you go tell one of the doctors that Yakov has woken up."

"Oooo~ You want to have Yakov back at the castle, so you can have him all to yourself, don't you, Yami~?" Roberto says while laughing.

"N-no! That's not it! Please stop teasing me, Roberto!" I instantly refuse.

"You don't need to deny it, we both know that's the reason you want me home." Yakov says to me with a smirk.

"Not you too, Yakov!" I feel my cheeks flush pink, as I cover my face with my hands. 

The next day, Yakov can finally return to the castle. We're sitting in the back of the car, on our way back to the castle. When we get to the castle, I help Yakov out of the car, and he starts to limp towards the steps. He wraps his arm around Sergei's neck and Sergei helps him walk up the stairs as I carry his bag, following close behind them. I open the front doors into the castle and Leffe pulls me into a very tight hug. 

"L-Leffe, I can't breathe!" I say as I try to pull away from him.

"I'm sorry, I'm just happy to see that you two are okay!"

"Hey, Leffe. It's good to see you again."

"YAKOV!!!!!" Now it is Yakov's turn for the tight hug of death from Leffe. "Come inside! Everyone will be happy to see you again!"

About a half hour later, I'm unpacking my bag and I hear a the door fly open. "Um, Leffe? Didn't you learn to knock while I was gone?" 

"Nope! Yakov wants to see you in his office, he said it's important."

"Okay, thank you."

I follow Leffe out of my bedroom and walk towards Yakov's office. A few moments later, I'm standing in front of his office door. I knock on the door and wait for his reply.

"Yami? Come in."

I slowly open the door and peek into the room. "Um, you wanted to see me?" 

"Yes, it's about tomorrow."

I step into the room and close the door behind me. "What's tomorrow?"

He stands up and holds out his hand to me. I gently take it and he pulls me in closer to him. "Tomorrow the king of Sanct Sybil is holding a ball for the future King."

"Like, a coronation?"

"Yeah, exactly like that. Tomorrow, I will officially be the future king of Sanct Sybil." 

"Really?! I'm so happy for you, Yakov!" 

"Thank you, and I would like you to come, as my princess."

"Wha-" I get cut off by Yakov's sudden actions. He quickly pulls on my hand and sends me into a tight hug. He wraps his arms around me and I feel his hand gently cover the back of my head. "Yakov?"

"Will you, come?" He asks me.

"Of course." I wrap my arms around him as well as we stand there for a couple seconds before he pulls away. 

"Then I'll get you the prettiest dress I can find for the party!" 

"You don't have to, Yakov. Any dress would be fine."

"No, SERGEI!!!!!!" Yakov yells out to Sergei as the door squeaks open.

"Yes, Yakov?" Sergei answers while stepping into the room. 

"Please go upstairs and pick out the nicest dress you can find for Yami to wear tomorrow."

"Yes, Yakov." Sergei then leaves the room and closes the door behind him. 

"Yami, I'm happy you're home." He says while pulling me close to him once again. 

"Me too, I missed you." I hug him back and I stay with him in his office, until dinner time. 

When it comes to dinner time, I walk out of Yakov's office and into the kitchen. I start to look through the cupboards when I hear someone walk in. "Hello!" 

"What are you doing in here, Princess Yami?" Sergei asks me with a weird look on his face. 

"I'm making dinner, and with the weird expression?" 

"I'm sorry, but I can't allow you to continue to cook while you are staying here."

"Is it because I'm a girl?"

"I'm afraid so."

I then step away from the cupboards as he starts to looks through them. "Can I at least help a little?"

"No," he answered quickly.

"Can I set the table?"

"I said no, Princess Yami." 

"Is there nothing I can do!?!?!" 

"I'm afraid so, please go back to your room and I'll send Leffe to retrieve you when dinner is ready."

"I'm going into the garden while I wait." I say while I stomp out of the kitchen.

"You act like a pouting child, Princess."

"Then Yakov and I have something in common."