// prologue \\

The Prior family walked out of the court house feeling elated and excited. There would be no more separation, no more Child Protective Services, and certainly no more lawyer and court fees to be added to the pile.

Tris sighed with exhaustion and relief, pulling one of her siblings to her side to kiss his head. She was glad they were too young to see her stress. She had fought long and hard, and now they could all be together once and for all.

Six year old Lyle clung to her side, nuzzling her hips. "We won't have to go to that crowded house with the mean people no more?"

"Nope, you are officially a Prior. When someone asks your name now, puff your chest put and smile."

"Yay!" Milo cheers from where his tiny hand gripped the side of the two seater stroller she was pushing. "We all be together!"  He shouted, attempting to kiss Stella on the cheek who sat in the front.

The stroller costed money she didn't have, but there was no way she could carry an infant and watch a two-year old.

The two boys were very well behaved and she thanked her mother for that. She didn't know what she would do if they had been screwed in the head from their father. Her mother, Natalie, just wasn't good at picking husbands. That was the cause of Tris and Natalie's down fall.

She buckled the kids in the minivan she also bought with money she didn't have. The two boys strapped themselves in their boosters while she buckled Stella and Evie in the middle row seats.

They were off to a new, crazy start.