// thirteen \\

Stella was crying. Evie was crying. Milo was crying. Lyle wasn't anywhere to be found, and she couldn't get ahold of Tobias.

She rocked Evie to soothe her. She knew she was just exhausted from the doctor's appointment earlier the day but she didn't see that to be any reason to cry.

"Stella and Milo it is time to eat. Go wash your hands and sit at the table," she had no idea why they were crying. Perhaps it was because of Evie, or because Lyle wasn't around.

Their crying turned to sniffles and she served them the bowl of vegetable soup and grilled cheese, heading upstairs to find the boy who had been sad since he came home from school today.

"Lyle, buddy, it's time to eat. Can you come down?" She called, finding him in the floor of his closet.

"What's wrong?" she whispered, sitting down in front of him, anxiously hoping the other kids were okay alone downstairs. At least Evie was still in her arms.

"The teacher told me that you shouldn't be allowed to take care of us," he whispered back, looking up with terrified blue eyes.

She patted the carpet closer to her and he hesitated before moving to curl against her.

"Did she say why, buddy?"

"She said you were too young and another big word that started with an I. Imma-imma," he tried to sound it out. He was in kindergarten of all things, why would a teacher even consider talking about these things with a six year old?

"Immature?"

"Yes. Please don't let her take us away. I love you and Daddy very much."

"Don't worry about it Lyle, we'll take care of it, okay? Dinner is getting cold and your siblings have missed you deeply so you need to go apologise and eat."

He gave her a toothy smile, racing down the steps, just about to collide with Tobias who had just walked in the door.

Tobias immediately dropped his stuff, sweeping the boy into his arms and flying him through the dining room while smothering his face in kisses.

"Daddy!" Stella squealed, reaching up for him. "I missed you Daddy," she said once she was in his arms.

"I missed you too, Stella. Finish your dinner. I'll be down in a minute after I change out of my clothes." He gave Tris the look that told her he knew she was bothered.

She place Evie in her highchair before sitting down herself. She was extremely pissed and knew no matter what Lyle would no longer be in that class.

-----------

"What's wrong, Baby?" Tobias asked, pulling his stressed girl into his arms wanting to make everything better for her.

"Lyle's teacher really upset him today, Tobias. She told him that I couldn't take care of the kids because I was young and immature. I think there was even more to it," she whispered, curling into his arms.

"We'll figure it out, Love. There's nothing to worry about. We'll get a meeting with the teacher first and then decided from there. Okay?"

He leaned down to kiss her gently, resting his cheek on her forehead. "You're burning up, Trissy. Let's get you to bed, alright?"