// twelve \\

It was back to normal routine. Tris and Tobias went back to work and the kids went back to school.

It took a lot of effort to get back into the swing of things again, but weekends quickly became everybody's favorite time of the week, basking in the warmth of their full little family.

This weekend was special, however. Tobias and Tris had a surprise for the kids.

They piled into the van, heading towards the edge of their city.

"Where are we going Mommy?" Stella asked cheerfully, swinging her feet and tickling Evie's tiny fingers. 

"Patients guys, you'll see in just a minute," Tris smiled, turning around to give them a wink.

Lyle (being able to read) gasped as they pulled into the lot. "We're going to rescue a pet guys!"

The car instantly filled with excitement, even Evie was babbling and shaking her tiny rattle.

"But first we must make the decision. Do we want a kitty or a doggy?" Tobias asked, turning around to face them.

Tris thought they'd argue, figuring Stella would want a kitty but without any problems they decided on getting a dog.

"We are only taking one home. If you behave we can come back to play with the others another day," Tris told them sternly, buckling Evie in the stroller. Tobias held Stella and Milo's hands, swinging them goofily.

Things didn't go as planned. The kids picked out an adorable pug puppy that everyone was happy with, but when Tris was trailing behind, someone caught her eye.

She was a Cocker Spaniel, probably mixed with something else, but she seemed to be old and sad, curled in the back of her space.

"Tris," Tobias called, coming back around the corner. His heart constricted seeing Tris so sad, sitting on the floor and clicking softly to get the dog towards her.

"Tobias, our house is already crazy enough, and now we have a new puppy, but.. " he stood behind, playing with her long locks.

"Tris she's not going to add to the craziness, she can come home too," he told her. He'd get Tris anything she'd want just to make her happy. "The kids are up front with Rudolph. We'll get her too. Does she have a name?"

"Yes, her information sheet says it's Daisy," she murmured. "I can't wait to take her home."

Daisy ❤

Daisy ❤

Rudolph 💙

Rudolph 💙

The adoption sheets had to be processed and approved before they could bring their two new additions home. This took about a week, allowing everyone to have something to look forward to.

When it was the day to take them home, their van was packed full. Rudolph panted happily, looking out the window from between Lyle and Milo's seat. Daisy stuck with Tris upfront.

Their family was still growing.