// one \\

"Lyle, the school bus will be here any minute. Finish your eggs and let's go," Tris fussed at the angry boy who woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Okay, I'm going," he said, shoveling the food in his mouth and drinking his juice before racing towards the door with his Captain America backpack and matching lunchbox.

"You will fix that attitude, mister, or I'll just have to take away that new toy you just had to have yesterday. Stay here," she said to Stella and Milo who were also seated at the table for breakfast. "If you move I will cry." She still didn't know how to threaten the kids.

Her and Lyle stepped on the porch, "Alright, Lyle there's the bus. I'll see you at three. I love you."

"Love you too," he smiled before climbing onto the yellow vehicle and disappearing. It always made her heart churn. She never understood why her mom cried on her first days of school, but now, it made total sense.

"Alright Stella and Milo, time for preschool. Let's go or you're going to be late."

They gave her big grins before racing to grab their bags off of the bench, leaving their dishes in the sink like she taught them.

She strapped Evie in her infant carrier seat that snapped into the car before helping the two toddlers buckle in.

She signed them in, greeting the young teacher who always waited by the front door before dropping Evie off with the sitter who would also pick up Milo and Stella at noon.

Tris worked a 9-3 job at a local organic grocery store that paid her above minimum wage at $11 an hour. It was all she could manage.

After her very long days, getting up during the night to soothe a restless infant was not working for her normal six hour sleep schedule, she made it home just in time to get Lyle off of the bus with a tired smile.

Having four kids to look over was no easy task, but it was what she wanted. The kids didn't do anything wrong, they didn't deserve to grow up the wrong way just because of their parents.

The babysitter was a miracle worker, dropping the kids off at three where they could spend the evenings as a family.

"How was your third week of kindergarten, Lyle?"

"It was great Trissy. We painted with our fingers and played outside on the playground with these big scary monsters chasing us and I ate the yummy lunch you made me," he gave her a grin. "Can I get a snack?"

"Wash your hands and get the grapes from the refrigerator. Not too many because I'm making chicken, broccoli, and rice for dinner."

"Me too!" Milo shouted from where he was taking his light up shoes off on the floor. "Get me some, Lye!" he yelled, racing after him.

"Stella, take your shoes off for me, honey. I'm going to start dinner."

"K," she smiles at me before putting her shoes and Milo's shoes away.

"Aww, you're so sweet. Thank you," she smiles, placing the infant in her bouncer to tire her before bedtime.

Only a few more hours of the day.

Big Story guys, like FOT and Dying Flames.