// eight \\

The humming of the dishwasher broke the silence in Tris' home. The kids were nicely tucked in their beds, waiting for the following morning to come crashing in.

Four was out of town for a week, and Tris felt all over the place. She desperately missed him. They had spent a lot of time together the past few weeks, and she couldn't wait till he flew back in on Thursday.

She rinsed her cup of tea in the sink and went to bed.

----

The following morning, everyone went through their normal routine and Tris went to work. It was the same as every other day, and Tris just felt tired. She hadn't realized how big of a help Four was until he was gone. It was just like before, being active with the kids, but always being drained on the inside.

The traffic was heavier than normal and she really wanted nothing more than a nap.

"Movie and pizza okay for dinner?" She asked hoarsely as the kids played quietly in the living room.

"Are you okay, Trissy?" Myles asked softly, watching her from where he was building with blocks.

"I'm fine, buddy, just tired," she whispered. "Homework is all finished?"

"Yup!" he smiled, although it did look a bit strained. He would always worry about Tris.

"Me too," said Milo, "I colored a pretty baby dog in school today!"

"That's so great, babe! You'll have to put it on the fridge."

He gave her a cute smile and continued swinging his feet on the couch.

The pizza arrived about an hour later and they were happily munching on food in a large blanket fort together.

"Help me fold the blankets and then we can go to bed," she said, standing up.

She fell back, hit her head on the arm of the couch, her eyes growing tired. She felt a hand in her pocket and then a voice, "Daddy, Mommy fell. She needs help."

Blackness.