1.0. - presentation

another filler :]

italic = thoughts
bold = author's note

×

- friday -

taehyung fiddled with his own fingers, tapping the nails on the desk once in a while, anxious to what was about to come. his eyes were locked on the students that stood at the front of the class presenting their work. he did realize some mistakes that they had done, for example, global warming affects the whole planet, hence the reason on it being called global warming. not that it just affects some places on earth. he rubbed his temples in discomfort and disappointment. pitying the clueless students. even if it was a simple presentation, many butchered it by either giving out false or not-helpful-at-all information.

this however made taehyung more confident. knowing that he would do better than most students. some did well though, explaining it in a short amount of time but managing to explain what global warming is and how it affects us on the planet.

as the pair left the front of the classroom with red cheeks after the whole class were practically forced to applaud, taehyung bit his lip nervously. jungkook that sat on the other corner of taehyung's desk noticed his nervous behavior. not wanting to bomb his grade, he tried comforting him before they were called up to class.

"hey, taehyung. it's going to be fine. okay? just breathe slowly and deeply. we'll do much better than the others. i-" he held back his last sentence, feeling quite flustered not being used to give people hope. taehyung glanced at him, following jungkook's advice, breathing deeply and slowly. "i- okay so this is gonna sound weird but- i believe in you. we can do this." jeon whispered and forced to form a smile. taehyung nodded, "thank you." he said and kept breathing deeply and slowly, clamly folding the paper cards with his hands. jungkook leaned back in his seat, slightly pleased with himself for being able to calm someone for a change.

the teacher, with a smile, held her papers in one of her hands and rested the other on her hip. "great job daeun, hayoon!" the woman paused, giving a smile to the two girls that seated themselves at one of their tables. "now, i would like for jeon jungkook and kim taehyung to present their work." miss taehyeon read from her portfolio then brought it down so she could look at the males. jungkook got up first with his paper cards in his hand, taehyung taking a deep breath before rising from his seat, trailing behind jungkook rather confidently, starting to actually believe in himself. he wasn't going to let the - rather awkward - times with jungkook go to waste.

in front of the class they stood, miss taehyeon looking rather excited to see how the two rather quiet students would do. even if the two were quiet, they were very different, somehow noted by the teacher. she turned her gaze towards the class once again when she heard whispering. "stay quiet just like you've done to everyone else. now, jungkook, taehyung. start, if you will." the woman smiled and looked at the two that held emotionless expressions. both nodded towards their professor and jungkook began reading the first part.

the presentation went by smoothly. jeon had memorized all the information and barely needed his cards to present. the same for taehyung. words slipped out of his mouth, explaining the subject closely but in a short amount of time. jungkook even found himself looking down at taehyungs lips as they parted, letting out words with a confident tone in his voice. earning an admiring look from miss taehyeon and even jungkook whom thought he would be more quiet and not very clear in his voice. she did have high expectations for jungkook, getting a rather pleasing result. she was indeed surprised, as the same for the other students in the room. especially amongst bts.

the presentation ended quickly. taehyung, even though he looked confident and for sure sounded like it, could hear his heardbeat. his face reddening when he noticed stares turning from jungkook and onto him. jeon, rather shocked, stayed silent before bowing in synch with taehyung. returning to their seats.

"great job you two! everyone, give them a well deserved applause!" miss taehyeon cheered and clapped her hands, followed by the entire class applauding as well, making taehyung flush, even if he knew some were forced or meant for jungkook whom seemed to be able to swoon anyone by not doing much but to smirk. though he kept himself expressionless around taehyung, which, if he wasn't going to lie, offended him a little. though they had made a promise to smile more, neither seemed to keep that promise. maybe taehyung should try more? he thought about it for a second, deciding on one decision.

kim turned around in his seat and ignored the professor calling up another pair, earning jungkook's attention that had previously looked at the teacher, listening to her words. he raised a brow, his expression being emotionless but not coming off as a 'i don't care' look. more like a 'yeah what is it bro' kind of emotionless stare. "good job, jungkook." taehyung smiled, earning one back. "you too. i gotta say, you surprised me." taehyung saw jungkooks smile form into a more warm one. like he meant what he said. it brought the familiar butterflies back into his stomach. "thank you." kim turned around and tried to calm himself down, still hearing his heart beating fastly inside his chest.

"taehyungie," the male turned around to jimin whom poked him on the arm. once their eyes met, kim turned his head away but hummed in response. "you did very well! i'm proud of you!" park said and pinched taehyung slightly, earning a muffled chuckle from taehyung that covered his mouth with his sleeve. "thank you, hyung." said kim after placing both his arms on his desk with his head tilting down.

'i did good...'

×

sigh

i'm tired ahah :]