Chapter 8

*TRIGGER WARNING!!!!*

Gerard's POV

"Miss Jackson? Can I use the bathroom?" I ask. "Go ahead, just hurry up." I get up and walk out of the classroom to the bathroom. I walk into one of the stalls and take out my little friend. "Sweet relief, here I come." I slide the blade over my wrist and blood starts to run down my wrist. "I know I promised Mikey I would never do it, but I can't help it." I say to myself. I keep cutting, one after another, I just couldn't stop. Soon I felt light headed, and everything went black.

Frank's POV

What's taking Gee so long? I'm starting to get worried. "Can I use the bathroom Miss Jackson?" I say kind of fast. "Yes, and see if you can find Gerard too." I nod and walk out of the room.

I quickly run to the bathroom and I look through all the stalls. When I get to the last one, I see Gerard, lying on the floor. "Gerard!" I shake him, but he doesn't wake up. "Gerard!!" I shot louder. "Fuck, fuck, fuck. What do I do???" I decide on calling Ray. "You need to get here now!" I am panicking. "What's wrong? Where are you?" I try not to hyperventilate. "I'm in the school bathroom, you need to get here quick!" He hangs up and I wait impatiently. "Come on, hurry up Ray." I bite my nails and start pacing around for a little bit. I sit back down next to Gerard, trying not to cry. "Frank!" Its Ray. "Over here!" He runs over to me and pauses. "Oh my god, Gerard!" Soon Mikey comes in. "What's wron-" he looks at his brother and almost breaks down crying. Mikey runs out of the bathroom and Ray is about to go after him. "Call an ambulance, I'll be right back." Ray runs out after Mikey and I grab my phone and call 911. I quickly tell them what happened. "Don't worry, an ambulance will be there in a few minutes." They say. "Help is on the way Gee." I hold his hand and I start crying.

Medics barge into the bathroom and pull me away from Gerard. The put him on a gurney and I run after him. They put him in the ambulance. "I have to go with him!" I try to get in with them, but they won't let me. "Sir, what is your relationship to him?" One paramedic asks me. "I'm his boyfriend. Just please, let me go with him." A tear falls from my face. "Come on." They say and I quickly get into the ambulance and sit next to him. "This will all be over soon." I say to myself.

We get to the hospital and they rush Gerard to a room. I am ordered to stay in the waiting room. I decide to text Ray.

Me: you guys almost here?

Ray: yeah, we will be there in 5 minutes

Ray: stay strong, he'll be fine.

I hope he'll be fine, I really don't want to lose him.

"Any visitors for Gerard Way?" I quickly look at the person at the desk and I start walking over to her. "Are you here for Gerard?" I nod. "Okay, follow me." She says. I follow her and she leads me to Gerard's room. She lets me in and she leaves me alone. "Gerard..." He is hooked up to a bunch of wires and other things. I walk over to him and sit next to him. "I'm here, everything is going to be okay." At least I hope. "Just hang in there. Soon this will all be over and this will feel like some kind of bad dream, right?" I bite my lip. "You probably can't even hear me. What's the use of even talking?" I sigh and sit back in the chair. "Right in here." I hear a nurse say. I look over at the door and I see Mikey and Ray. "I am so glad to see you guys." I walk over and hug them tightly. Mikey walks over to Gerard and sits next to him. "He promised." Mikey whispers. "Promised what?" Ray asks. "That he would never do this! Now he's in the hospital and he's probably going to die.  And it's all because of me!" Ray walks over to him. "It's not your fault, relax."
"Yes it is! If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't be in this mess! I honestly thought we would have a better future ahead of us, but now I don't think that will happen." I had no idea what to do, so I sat next to Gerard while Ray comforted Mikey. "Gee, I don't know if you can hear me, but if you can I need you to wake up. Please." That was probably pointless, but it was worth a shot. Then I hear mumbling and I ignore it thinking it was either Ray or Mikey, but then the mumbling gets louder and I can make out words. "Where am I?" I look up to see that Gerard is awake. "Gerard!" I quickly hug him and he hugs back. "I-I thought I lost you." Mikey and Ray join me in hugging him. "Why did you do it?" Mikey asks. "You promised you never would." He looks at Gerard straight in the eyes, waiting for an answer. "I did it because I'm a worthless piece of trash." Gerard says. "You aren't a worthless piece of trash, Gee. You never were." Gerard smiles a bit and continues hugging us. "Can anyone get me a glass of water?" Gee asks. "Of course." I go get him a glass of water and come back. "Here you go." I hand it to Gerard and he immediately chugs it down. "Thanks." He says. "No problem." I smile and kiss his forehead. "I'm just glad your okay. Don't ever scare me like that again." I say the last part sternly and Gerard nods. "I love you." He says. "I love you too."