Chapter 21

A small knock on the door woke me up.

"Come in", Matt said who laid in the same position as he did when I fell asleep… which I didn't even remember that I'd done. 

Earl walked into the room. "You found Bobby and Michael?" I asked.

"Yes, they're at the police station", he said. 

"Why?" I asked and sat up. 

"They won't tell us, Jerry met the sheriff out on the town who just told him that they'd arrested Bob and Michael", he said and went out from my room. 

"I really need a vacation", I sighed and walked towards the door. 

"Where are you going?" Matt asked.

"The police station", I said. 

"Can I come with you?" he asked. 

I hesitated a bit before I answered. "… well okay. But you'll keep your mouth shut the entire time", I said. 

"Alright!" he said and went over to me. 

We took his car to the police station where the sheriff seemed to be waiting for me. "Hello Jaclyn… and you're Matt Sanders", he the sheriff said as we walked in through the door. 

"That I am", Matt said. 

"Where are they?" I asked. 

"If you mean Michael and Bob, then they've been taken to custody", the sheriff said. 

"Why? They haven't done anything", I said. 

"We're suspecting them for the murder of a man named Paul Andersen", he said. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"The gun that was used for the killing of Paul Andersen matches the ones that both of them own." 

"It's legal guns. We all have them. They're registered in our names. Do you have anything else on them?" I asked. 

"We can't discuss this with you right now", he said. "Someone will contact you later." 

I turned around and walked away with Matt behind me. We went to the car and I leaned back in the seat and closed my eyes. "fuck fuck fuck…" I whispered. 

"What's wrong?" Matt asked. 

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow to give him "the look". 

"Okay, let me rephrase that… is something wrong besides that your uncle and the other dude is being held in custody?" he asked. 

"It's just that…" I said, hesitating a bit. 

"It's just what?" he asked. 

"I know that they didn't kill that guy but it's going to be very difficult to prove", I said. 

"How do you know that? I mean your club has killed a lot of people over the years", he said. "And if they didn't kill him then shouldn't that be easy to prove because they don't have enough evidence?"

"I know because I killed him and it'll be difficult to prove because it was one of our weapons that killed that guy", I said. 

"Oh…" he just said. 

"The police knows everything about us so I have no idea what to do to get them out of there", I said. 

"You'll figure it out", he said. "And meanwhile can you join me on tour." 

"Yeah right", I laughed. 

"I'm serious!" he said. 

"You can't really think that I'm going to leave everything when we have this situation in the club", I said. 

"It's just for a month", he said. 

"Well then I'll see you when that month is over", I said. "I can't join you Matt." 

"Okay… I understand" he sighed. 

Matt drove me back to the club and said that he would go home to pack the final stuff for the tour. 

"Just don't leave me for some slutty groupie now", I said as we said goodbye.

"Never, you will always be my heart Jaclyn", he said and kissed me before he went back to his car and I went inside. 

I found all the guys around the table, waiting for me. They wanted to hear about Bobby and Michael. I sat down in my chair.

"Okay so Bobby and Michael is arrested for the murder of a man named Paul Andersen. I don't know if you guys remember him but he ordered guns from us about a two years ago, of course didn't pay back and I killed him right before I went on that tour with Matt", I explained. 

"So what do they have on Bob and Michael if you're the one who killed him?" Jackson asked. 

"We all use the same guns.They must have tracked from which sort of gun the bullet was from and found out that both of them had that type of gun on them. I don't know why they arrested both Michael and Bobby but they did. That's all I know about the situation right now. The sheriff said that someone would call and give me more information but we all know that it can take days until we get that call", I said. 

"But they don't have any evidence against Bob and Mike and they can't keep them there without that?" Earl said. 

"It's the police, they do whatever they want", Dennis said. 

"I'll do my best to get them out of there as fast as possible.. I just don't know how right now", I said and sighed. 

I went to my room and picked up the guitar. There wasn't anything more I could do than wait for the cops to call me so I thought about what Matt had said the day our whole relationship sort of started, that I should finish the song I sang that day. It was really easier said than done but I did come up with some more. 

I'd forgot how much I enjoyed playing music. I could disappear for hours just sitting there playing. It was even funnier than fixing up cars, and I loved doing that. 

So I sat there, for probably hours, playing on my guitar and singing, forgetting everything about the world around me.