Chapter 22

Matt had been gone on tour for almost a month now. I missed him a lot even though we talked on the phone every day, that wasn't the same thing  as actually having him in front of me though. 

Bobby and Michael had been held by the police this entire month and was getting released today. The cops still didn't have any real evidence towards them and had to let them go now. It had been tough to run the club without them. Since I was the VP did I have all the responsibility and had to make sure that business ran as it should. That was easier said than done. 

I went with the car we all shared in the club to go pick Bobby and Michael up from the police station. I had to wait for almost two hours until I saw the two of them walking out through the doors. I turned down the volume on the music on the radio and started the engine so we could go home as soon as they got to the car. 

"Hey kiddo!" Bobby said and sat down in the passenger seat. 

Michael sat down in the backseat. 

"Hi uncle Bobby", I said. "Did you have a nice stay in custody?" 

"Really funny Jac", Michael said behind me. 

"Don't blame me for having humor old man",  I smiled. 

"So how has it gone with the club?" Bobby asked. 

"Pretty good I think. We finished the business with that club from Kentucky, they totally understood why we wanted out and didn't make much of a fuss about it", I said. 

"You got the president blood running in your veins", Michael said. "How's Matt?" 

"He's good I think. He's out on tour so I haven't seen him in a while", I sighed. 

"Oh… for how long will he be gone?" Bobby asked. 

"It's supposed to be over like now, so I think he'll be home any day now."

My phone started to ring.

"Speaking of the devil", I said and answered. "Hey babe."

"Hey", Matt said on the other line. 

"What's up?" I asked. "How's the tour going?"

"It's getting long… it's getting longer."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"We're going overseas for another month or two", he said. 

"Really? Well that sucks…" I sighed. 

"Yeah… I'll go crazy if I can't see you soon" he said. 

"I know what you mean", I said. 

"We're going to eat now so I have to go but I'll call you tomorrow or something. I love you" he said. 

"I love you too", I said and we hung up.

"So how was he?" Michael asked again. 

"Still don't know", I said. 

"What did he want? You seem kinda down", Bobby said. 

"He's not going to come home for a while. They're going to Europe for tour", I said. 

I was so tired of being away from him and now there was going to be a whole ocean between us. I was going to go crazy soon. I needed him.

"Why don't you just join him then?" Bobby asked. 

"What?" I asked. "I can't do that. I have to be here." 

"Why?" Michael asked. 

"Because this is where the club is. I can't just go away now", I said. 

"Kiddo, don't you think you're done now?" Bobby said. 

We arrived to the club and went out from the car. 

"What do you mean?" I asked when we walked up towards the clubhouse. 

"You've made something great with this club. You've brought back your fathers whole idea about this club. Don't you think it's time that you take some time and follow your own heart and not do everything you're suppose to do?" he said. 

"Follow my heart?"

"Be with Matt." 

He was right. He was so right. The club was just a normal friendly MC-club now. I'd done it. I succeeded. 

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"To my room. I have to pack", I smiled.

The End