•He Started It•

"Miss Tomlinson."

I suddenly get out of my daze and rose my head up then looked at the front. I saw my teacher looking where I was, and my seatmates were giggling.

"Present, sir!" I shout, making everybody else laugh.

"Uhh yes. Please read after what Venus' has previously read," the teacher said. Shit, I wasn't listening. I glance at my seatmate and she understood. She tells me where and I stood up to start reading.

After reading, I sit down as the professor starts explaining more on the topic. I sighed in relief as my two seatmates stared at me jokingly. "Haha, why weren't you listening? You're gonna get in trouble!"

I look at her and say, "Hmm, don't mind me Paola. Haha, thanks for the save."

I then get back to my position but the other taps me on the shoulder. "Are you going to sleep again?"

"I wasn't sleeping, Jenny! I am listening..."

"Whatever you say," she says then they face back to the front and I to the back. He's still on that phone, now talking to his seatmates. Hah, I cannot. Now, to continue our story.

Fast forward a bit.

We had a play to do, and we were picking our members one by one in the class. There were 4 leaders, and I was the third one to pick. I even remembered picking out the boy who was always absent at the time because I was that kind.

Then I picked him. Because, hmm, why not. I didn't even feel anything for him at the time, other than someone who was also in my class. I only knew him as that person who was at the last slot on the alphabetical list of students because of his ridiculous surname. What's funny is I could've fallen victim to that because my surname is Tomlinson. But damn, who knew there would be someone named Xander Zamora?

Joanna Marie Tomlinson Zamora. Yuck. Anyways, please remember again that it was just the start of our classes that time. I can't believe I said that twice. We were just getting to know each other.

But you're probably thinking right now, why does this seem so memorable to me? Well ladies and gentlemen, it was the first time he called me by the word I never thought I'd hate the most. I now hate it so much that I feel the need to censor it. So, let's just hide it with "boss." Oh my gosh I hate this word too but I'll just have to deal with it!

So, after that time we became good acquaintances. Not friend! Yet. I don't know why but he was just so fond of calling me "boss," but I got so attached to it I started calling him that too.

"Okay class. Now bring out your notebook because we are going to take a quiz on what we have learned today," the man said. This time, I sat up straight and watched as everyone was getting ready for the quiz.

"Oh my gosh! Jenee, you listened to the teacher, right?" I say with desperation in my tone.

"I thought you were listening, Marie?" Paola laughed. "Don't worry. We got your back, just remember to let us copy your assignment on Chemistry later, okay?"

That was enough to reassure me. I grabbed my notebook from my bag and ballpen. I glanced back at him and I could see him trying to borrow a pen from his seatmates. Oh, classic.

Gosh. I need to stop being a bad student.