(26)

[Yooin's pov]
After Jimin's party, both Taehyung and I are pretty busy with our own schedules. Sometimes, we don't contact each other for one whole week. Tomorrow is my birthday and I'll celebrate it with everyone at the company.

✉ You'll celebrate your
birthday at the company,
right?
-taehyung

✉ Yes. Why?

✉ Then, can I spend
the night with you?
-taehyung

✉ Tomorrow night?

✉ Yes.
-taehyung

✉ Okay, Taehyung.
I'd love to do so.

✉ See you tomorrow then
-taehyung

***

T

he next day, night at the park.
I'm already at the park, still waiting for Taehyung. He's supposed to be here already. But then someone sits beside me.

I turn around. I feel so happy when I see Taehyung that I quickly hug him.

"Taehyung-ah. I missed you."

But he doesn't respond. I look up, looking into his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

Taehyung doesn't give me any answer. I tug his arm softly. He looks at me and I start to smile.

"I said I missed you."

Taehyung gently pushes my hands away.

"We should stop seeing each other now," Taehyung says.

"What are you saying? What do you mean?" I ask.

"It's just I don't love you anymore," he simply says without looking at me.

"Taehyung-ah, don't play with me. It's just a joke, right?" I hold his hand.

"No. It's not a joke, Yooin," he turns around and looks into my eyes.

"But why? Why all of sudden?" I frown.

"I'm sorry, Yooin. I can't stop my heart and feeling from changing," he leans back on the bench.

I sigh. I let go of his hands. Tears are already falling down but I quickly wipe it away. I should be strong. But I keep questioning myself.

Why must he said this today? On my birthday?

Both of us stay silent for awhile.

"Okay. I'll try to understand you, Taehyung. But we can stay friends, right?"

"I think so."

"Well, it's good then! I won't ask for more."

I stand up from the bench and raise my hands up in the air. I let out a deep sigh. I turn around and look at him.

"Thanks for spending your time with me tonight. I really appreciate it even though it's just for awhile."

I look at my watch. I don't think I can stay here longer.

"I need to leave now. Bye."

I take my handbag from the bench. I look at him again and quietly give him a peck on his cheek. His eyes widen.

"Thanks, Taehyung. For everything. I really appreciate it."

At dorm, I cry my heart out. I won't blame it on Taehyung or anyone else. I finally let go of everything, including my feelings towards him. I know this is the best for him, and also for me.

***

[Jimin's pov]
"Are you sure about this, Taehyung?" I ask him.

"This is the only way to protect her from any danger. I don't want Kemy to hurt her."

"But I think this will hurt her even more."

Taehyung stays quiet. He starts to cry. "She kissed me on my cheek before leaving. It hurts me so much."

I pat his shoulder, trying to calm him down. They are so in love with each other but why did Kemy has to come between them?

"I'm sorry I can't help, Taehyung."

***

Two weeks later..
We are gathering at the cafe, special gathering for 95 liners. But I don't see Yooin around.

"Where is she? Isn't she coming?"

I look at Taehyung who is sitting at the corner alone. I decide to call Yooin.

"Hello, Jimin."

" Yaa, where are you?  Why aren't you here yet?"

"Sorry, but I'm at the airport right now."

"Airport!?"

Taehyung and I look at each other.

"I'll go and fetch you now."

"No, Jimin. I'm not in the country right now.I'm at Portugal to attend my best friend's wedding."

"Portugal? But why didn't you tell any of us?"

"So sorry but I received invitation at last minute."

"You're so bad, Yooin."

"Yaa. I said sorry, right?"

"Okay, huhh. But you have to treat us later. Got it?"

"Okay. Gotta go. Bye!"

She ends the call. I sit down and look at Taehyung. He looks so down.

"Yaa, she's there to attend a friend's wedding. Not to avoid you."

"But–"

"Stop it, Taehyung. She sounds just fine. She already lets go of everything. You're the one who made that decision. So you shouldn't be like this."

Taehyung sighs. He then looks at his phone as he receives a text message.

✉ Oppa, you're at the
gathering, right? Don't
flirt with anyone. I'll wait
for your call.
-kemy

I swear to god, that girl is really annoying!