Chapter IV ♕ Backflips

Above is Anna ♥ she is played by Hou Honglan. She is in the video. Check her out ♥

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

Caleb had to leave after two hours because of his day job. Even if he did work for his dad, I met him and that man has no mercy. If I had to say, he was even worse than my mother and that was saying something. Although the open class technically had already ended, I stayed behind because I figured that with my muscles already warmed up, it would be waste not to do some additional stretching. Besides, I really did not want to return home.

I was busy playing with a language app on my phone, trying to get a head start before my next Italian lesson. As soon as my classes can end, the better. I was lying on the floor in a middle split, my stomach successfully pressed against the floor. It took a long time for me to be able to get my middle split flat, but after years I finally succeeded. When I had gone through puberty, all of my advances to gain flexibility were in vain.

"So was he really your boyfriend?" one of my dance mates who had stayed behind to speak with Madame suddenly jogged over, her feet bare as she rolled up her convertible tights to her ankles. I chuckled at her advances, knowing that she was the type for gossip. One would think ballerinas are innocent, delicate and fragile. Well that is only on stage, but offstage? We are as different as any other.

"Why the interest Anna?" I knew why she was interested, it was because she wanted something new to spread. II could only be happy that she came to me, the source, to find out about it and not make up some story. Also, who was she going to tell? Who knows me besides the girls at the studio? And we have danced together ever since we leaped out of diapers into tights. I trusted them. Well, to an extent.

"Because he was hot. Where did you find such a fine specimen?" Anna was eighteen, meaning that she had a little problem. This was her last year before she had to make a final decision, and the half-year mark was closely approaching. Either she would have to go study to become a teacher (which in itself took about five years, and included internships at studious to raise experience. Madame did not allow student-teachers unless they were exceptional) or her real dream is to get scouted. Not to become a prima, but just to be a part of a company. She needed to get noticed, and there was not a lot of time left.

I was seventeen and the seniors of the studio are already advising me to try and get scouted, passing down their wise wisdom from experience. Unfortunately, even if my five year-old heart yearns to become a prima, it would be futile even to try.

Being a part of a company meant practice from approximately eight in the morning until six or later in the night each day of the week, never mind when there is a show present and the company has to tour. It is just too much work to be able to balance with the present and future work of my inevitable life: Princess and Queen Duties.

Nothing more will break my heart than having to give up ballet. I will have find a way, because there is no way I could survive without it.

"I met him when I was little and we came best friends. He asked me out about three years ago," Anna gasped dramatically, placing her hand over her heart. That is probably an option for her: why not become an actor?

"That long? Are you hoping you two will get married in the future?" I frowned a little at here question.

"I am still seventeen. I think if that ever becomes a possibility, it will be after I have turned a legal age, don't you think?" I chuckled a bit nervously.

"Not necessary. If you have the consent of your parents then you can, or just go to Scotland. There you can marry when you are as young as sixteen without any consent," she said almost matter-of-factly, and that made me wonder why she even knew this.