Chapter XXVIII ♕ Feelings

This was different than any unemotional kiss I shared with Caleb. This was something that revealed two hearts at the same time, both of us realising the others' feelings in the same moment. Until now we had both been on a one-sided journey, loving but never receiving. Now it was different, because now we knew the intense emotions we carried for one another but could never be spoken. Now we knew that there was hope for us.

It wasn't very long before Sarina pulled away in utter surprise, peering at me with the widest eyes she could muster. I looked up at her with eyes full of things I couldn't put into words and she seemed to realize that. I raised onto demi-pointe to try and equal our heights, bringing up my hands to the side of her neck. Realizing what I was doing, disbelief crossed over her before the most sincere face of utter admiration overtook her. She rounded her hands to the back of my neck, meeting my lips once more.

I breathed deeply when we kissed, wishing this moment to become eternity. I moved my lips softly and she equalled that motion, both of us feeling as if this was a dream.

But it wasn't.

I was really standing here on my tiptoes, kissing the girl who I had extensive feelings for, on the balcony of the royal palace. This wasn't just my fantasy anymore.

Almost desperate, Sarina clung onto my shoulders and kissed me harder and I was more than happy to oblige, following her lead. I took a step forward closer to her, bringing my hands around until I could tangle my fingers into her foreign, soft locks. She leaned down to me, her hands roaming over my back until they found a comfortable position.

If this wasn't heaven then I don't know what is.

Eventually I pulled away, a little dizzy from the lack of air. I clung onto her shoulders, my laboured breaths uneven with her own. Our eyes were connected and not one of us strayed our vision away. Eventually I mustered enough air to talk.

"Illegal?" I inquired in disbelief. She chuckled a little bit, still out of breath.

"Yeah, because you were a minor and I didn't date you when I was still a minor," I furrowed my brows at her.

"Bloody hell you have weird things running through your head," I said, shaking my head at her. She scoffed and pulled me closer into a tight hug, my head resting on her blossoming chest as I wrapped my arms around her.

"By the way..."

"Yeah?"

"I like you,"

"No shit,"

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

Needless to say, I couldn't sleep that night. Even after Sarina skipped out of the palace to return home and it was long past the point that I could see her violet hair in the courtyard, I still envisioned her. I was feeling so many emotions and at the same time, I felt numb. I felt disbelief, fearing that if I fell asleep and woke up then it wouldn't be real anymore. I feared that it was all just a fluke, or that she was going to regret it later.

I had an early breakfast the next day, my mind clouded throughout the entire meal. The twins gave me strange glances the entire time. That is, until, my mother reminded them of their piece for the Royal Variety Performance. Then their nerves began to take a hold of them and they sat quietly, whispering commentaries only between each other. I had completely forgotten about their own show they would have to perform.

And my performance was cancelled, and I will have to watch the dance I worked so hard for be replaced by Anna of all people.

I had completely forgotten all about her.