Chapter XXX ♕ Wild Things

Bit short; bit of a filler. Sorry.

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

I quickly learned that my sweet little kitten, Toro, was up to no good. Half of the time I found him roaming the halls, an innocent look plastered on his face. All the other times, he was nowhere to be seen. I set the twins on the job to figure out what Toro was up to, and knowing them, they'd probably hire a private investigator to follow the cat around. They did not, and instead they skipped out on practice to complete the job.

The results were rather interesting. Toro, each day, snuck into the palace kitchens and ate whatever he could get his claws on. I had wondered about why there had been hair in my breakfast but passed it off as my own, since my hair was a similar colour.

But not. This little wild thing had been cheeky in getting twice as many meals by hunting for food himself. No surprise though, he ate something he shouldn't have and now there was a beautiful vomit mark on the silk curtain. That would be hard to get out, I'm sure.

But I decided that I wasn't going to go through the pain alone, and instead dragged Sarina along with me to the vet. It would've been nice company if not for the kitten that got sick on my lap every few minutes. When we finally got to the vet, I wanted to praise the deities.

"What do you think he ate?" Sarina asked as we sat in the waiting room, Toro shaking as if he was freezing. I wondered for a second.

"Probably something raw,"

"What about rotten?"

"Not in the palace, there's no way," Toro fell into a nap and seemed to have nothing more to cough up, which I was thankful of. The amount of bathing I would have to do after this would be unpleasant.

"Maybe chocolate?"

"Might be," but the vet concluded that it was indeed raw meat. The vet was absolutely shocked when she first saw Toro, completely sure it was a wild animal at first. When Toro began to scratch his head against her hand, she thought a bit differently. At the end of the examination we were given medication for Toro and a strict order to keep him from the kitchen. I would have to inform the staff.

"Poor little baby," Sarina cooed, petting Toro gently on the way back to the palace. We stopped by the café to get smoothies to go, and I held both of them in the car.

"Little sly thing," I commented, thinking of ways to get Toro to behave a little more. Was there training for cats?

"Basically your brothers," I huffed at her comment.

"Basically," I sighed, sitting back against the leather seat. "They're very nervous, you know?"

"About the Performance?" I nodded. "We all are. If you stayed at ballet, you might be feeling this nervousness as well. It's one thing to perform in front of s judge or a few people, but this is royalty and the entire world will be watching," I scoffed at her wording.

"But you know us, so what's the problem?" I retorted slyly, and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Yeah, but like I don't know the entire Royal Family. Will they be there?" I nodded my head slowly.

"Yeah, that side of the family will be there. Mother Queen will also be there," Sarina's eyes widened and she looked at me in question.

"Mother Queen? Is she like your alien overlord?" I chuckled at her, and even Ian stifled a laugh.

"Uhm, no. She's my grandmother, my mother's mother. She was the previous ruler," Sarina hummed in though before shuddering.

"Gosh! That's a bit scary. I mean like, she ruled when times weren't as modern as now... no offense," she commented, holding her violet locks between her fingers. I nodded slowly.