Chapter XVII ♥ Maximiliano

Above is the Prince of Spain ♥

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain," I muttered to myself as I sat in first-class on my flight to the other country, my eyes fixed on my phone as I somehow ended up reading about 'My Fair Lady'. I had always thought the famous quote read 'plane' and not 'plain', and now it made so much sense to me. The stewardess past me a strange glance when I had my breakthrough moment, my jaw dropping wide and I immediately texted my findings to Sarina. She sent me an amused message back.

I was waiting for Ian to join me, as we had not yet taken flight yet. I was utterly grateful that he could come with, because just the thought of being left alone in another country all alone was terrifying. They were doing runway check-ups and Ian was still outside, making an important call. There were two other men in first-class, clearly for business if their suites and ties were anything to go by. They were furiously talking about something they were viewing on a laptop. I had seen them throw me nasty glances when I entered, clearly not expecting someone like me to me in first-class. I looked fairly normal, I believed. Black skin-tight trousers and a knitted cream sweater, my hair tied up in a fancy braid that, surprisingly, my mother had made. I knew that I would have to change clothes once I got to Spain because it was a little warmer there.

Besides the two there was another man with a woman on his arm. It was clear that he also had money, but not the type from business. This looked to be more trust fund inheritance that he was spending to impress a lady. A commoner lady who was excited with her lucky strike.

Ian entered the room in his fancy suit, coming to take a seat behind me. The first-class design was that of individual cubicle-like structures, holding a seat that can transform into a bed and an entire mini home-theatre. I've been on flights before, but never on a public plane to another country. My father had his own jet, so of course we would use it.

I sat up onto my knees on the seat, peering over the back of the seat to Ian.

"Everything alright?" I inquired, feeling the glares from the business men and even the playboy at how informal I was being in a place like this. Ian nodded.

"Everything is excellent, Your Highness. The plans for the arrival in Spain have been reconfirmed because of the plane delay," he told me with a smile, knowing I wasn't feeling too excited about this flight. Sure it was only two hours, but I wasn't keen on flying. Period. I nodded and sat back down, getting comfortable in the seat. As soon as we were in the air I was going to close off my cubicle and start to watch the series Sarina had given me. It was the same one she had spoken about in the salon.

"Hello everyone!" I looked up once a man with a midnight uniform and silver rank stripes on his blazer. He stood at the front of all the cubicles, resting himself against one of the barriers. He looked so calm, as if he didn't have a care in the world. "I am the pilot for this flight. I came to see how everyone is holding up," he looked friendly and well skilled. It set a little bit of relief in me. He looked like a man who I could trust with an entire plane with more than three hundred passengers.

Who could anyone be given that much power?

I shouldn't be talking.

I am going to rule the country.

"Yes, well, when are we going to start flying?" one of the business men asked, clearly impatient.

"The runway checks have finished and we are just waiting for the go ahead from the control centre," he answered professionally, not fazed by the man's rudeness who scoffed in response. The pilot's eyes scanned the class before landing on mine, smiling immediately. He got onto his knee and placed his hand over his heart, bowing before me. I could see that his actions confused the rest of the cabin. He stood up straight before speaking. "Your Highness, I must say when I heard that you would be joining us for this flight, I was a little on my nerves. I have to make this flight my best one yet because, after all, I've never had royalty to impress before," he laughed a little nervously, but I could tell it was only for show. I smiled gently.