Chapter XXXIII ♥ Day Two of Sorrows

Welcome to Day Two of Cornelius's departure. I offer you ice-cream as condolence (except if you are lactose intolerant like me, then I offer you sorbet) ♥

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

We fell asleep together in my mother and father's room, except the King didn't return the night as he joined the manhunt. It made sense that he wouldn't return to us, because he would rather search for the only heir that didn't seem to disappoint him. That is only because Bartholomew withheld the fact that Cornelius was a part of the jet plan all along, and that everything they always planned together.

The palace was in an uproar, juggling tasks between trying to calm the remaining royals, keeping the scandal from breaking out to the public and joining the manhunt. It was a busy and miserable time, a great depression overfalling the palace. It wasn't long before the media took an interest but they only held speculations. Theories that couldn't be proven.

A terrorist wanted? A refugee founded? What reasons were there for the royal palace to call a manhunt? Nevertheless, it had the public on their toes.

"We need to go out and find him!" Bartholomew paced around in the commons room, my own formed slumped into the couch. No matter how many hours of sleep I managed to consume, I still felt exhausted.

"You know what Mother said. There's no way we're getting out of here," I answered with a sigh, regarding the twenty Royal Guards in this very room. They all had the direct order to keep us here. "We're nowhere near from off the hook so give it a rest," I was furious but I didn't have the energy to express my own concerns. Instead they all bottled up as the day went on. By the afternoon, more than twenty-four hours have passed. That's when the real worry began to settle in. They contacted the hospital, any clinic and searched almost any public area. It was getting worrisome and the stakes were rising. If Cornelius wasn't found soon, then he very well might have died already.

Or taken hostage, should his lineage we revealed. There are many things the prince can be worth of, and nobody ignored the background criminal activity of human trafficking. When the day mark was reached, all common sense was thrown out of their minds and they began to search every nook and cranny. Bartholomew and I were allowed to join the hunt but under the careful eyes of Rodger and Ian.

When the utter desperation set in, the family was contacted.

The five members of Princess Alice's household were included, as well as the King's sister's household of three. The Mother Queen was contacted and military personal were included. Scotland Yard and other police were involved, and eventually we had someone all over the whole of the United Kingdom; not just England.

This was the Prince, the second heir, after all.

Because Cornelius would not get far on foot like I had, but Bartholomew remembered something important which ruined all normal intends to find him. There was one important task drilled to us since birth and even now, we do it subconsciously. That task is to always carry around our royal crests, that which gives us access to anywhere in the country and other countries. It is that crest that is used as our trust fund card, and it is untraceable.

Why would the kingdom need reason to trace their royalty, after all? Our parents never thought we would go that far.

But because Cornelius has his royal crest with him, he might as well have skipped across the border. I managed to go to France so quickly, what stopped him?

"Where would he go? Where would he go?" we returned to the palace late in the afternoon, Bartholomew trying to place himself in the mind of his brother. He knew Cornelius better than anyone, so we hoped that he would be able to assist the search.