Chapter XXXII ♕ Day One of Truths

Three days after Sarina and I's date and I still couldn't get down from my happy high. I hummed as I headed through the palace halls, twirling and dancing. I even headed to the gardens and picked some of the best flowers before heading around the halls and placed them in the Royal Guards' breast pockets. Only two of them couldn't contain themselves and managed to crack a smile, however barely. Needless to say my brothers intervened at this, standing smugly at the door to my private study as I made up a vase.

"You seem to be in an overly buoyant mood today, dearest sister," Bartholomew said, breaking me from my thoughts as he rubbed his imaginary beard.

"Evidence reveals this has been going on ever since the return from Paris," Cornelius replied, nodding his head like a detective. I giggled in response, both of their eyes widening at my reaction.

"Good gracious! The alien queen has replaced her!" I turned to them with a wide jaw.

"Have you guys been speaking with Sarina?" they shrugged in reply.

"Actually, she came to us convinced that our grandmother was the alien hive queen and interrogated us on Area 51. She has some crazy imagination," Cornelius said whilst shaking his head. I chuckled a bit and turned back to my flowers.

"So..." Bartholomew began, sliding up behind me. "Tell me..."

"Yeah?"

"Did you and Sarina get intimate?" if I had any liquid in my mouth, it would've been gone by now. I turned to him with wide eyes and a slacked jaw, my expression completely bewildered.

"What?" Bartholomew rolled his eyes.

"Do I need to spell it out to you? Fine then. Did you two have se-" I placed a hand over his mouth, stopping his words.

"Bartholomew. You are thirteen. No. Just no," I shook my head at him, allowing my hand to fall to my side.

"Yeah, but you are eighteen. So tell me the truth: what was it that made you so... girly?" he spat it out like a curse word. I chuckled at him and ruffled up his hair which he immediately tried to fix.

"Relationships aren't just physical, Bartholomew. We just had one wonderful day where we opened up about everything to each other. It just makes me very happy," he frowned deeply at me.

"Well that's boring," he told me before dramatically pivoting on his foot and leaving my study. Cornelius stayed for a second longer, chuckling to himself.

"Well, I am happy for you," he told me and I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you," and with that, he left as well.

After doing some cleaning in my study, I headed back to my room with a spring in my step. Toro was finally healed again and spend his time in the castle-themed cat tower we got for him. We also put a bell on his collar so that everyone can be alerted where he is and the kitchen was more secured now with locks on the cupboards and fridges. We 'Toro-proofed' the palace.

I listened to some of the music Sarina lent me as I sat on my bed, painting my nails as I hummed along with the songs. Everything was gentle and it was a relaxing day. If I hadn't already wasted so much time, I might've actually considered going to the spa. But with the Royal Variety Performance being the next week, Sarina's schedule was upped and now had practice eight hours a day. Just for the next two weeks, we accepted the reality that face-to-face meetings would be hard.

But right now, right in this instance, everything was calm and I truly felt untouchable, the tranquillity of my life.

That reality quickly shattered.