Chapter 2// The Island

Welcome back. The photo above is from the 1990's film version of LOTF and Ralph is the one at the front in case you haven't seen it xx

Chapter2// The Island

Ralph's POV

The water was cold and the other boys screams could be heard from the surface above me. I swam down after Captain Vincine, the only adult with us, began sinking to the bottom of the sea.

I managed to grab him by the hair and pull him to the surface where the boys screams we're defending.

"Help me I can't swim" someone shouted.

"Grab the raft" I heard someone else yell and I watched as Jack swam under the water. A few security bids later a huge raft surfaced and the boys scrapped to get in. Jack swam over and helped my lift the Captain onto the raft with great difficulty.

Exhausted and still shaken I lay in the raft as we floated in the direction of a far off island.

***

Jack jumped out of the raft along with some other boys and me to pull the raft to shore. We all stood scouring are surroundings.

It was a huge beach with a close line of thick palm trees which lead if into a thick jungle. By now everyone was stood in the shore staring at the trees,

"What do we do now?" Asked one of the littlunds

"I guess we explore the cost line a bit" I said and headed down the beach and into the trees everyone else following closely behind.

"Well that's it" huffed Jack as we stood at the top of a cliff looking down to the beach where we'd just been standing. I looked around hopelessly but he was right it was just an island and probably inhabited.

"We need to get some sleep the figure out what to do in the morning" I said staring out at the setting sun. "And get a fire going" I added.

Me and the rest of the boys sat around the blazing fire, Jack and a boy named Roger sat across from me and the little ones sat listening to jack as he told a story.

Jack spoke in detail of a monster and some of the littlunds looked terrified and one began to cry.

"It's just a story" soothed Piggy placing his chubby hand on the boys shoulder.

"Everyone get some sleep and we'll look for water and food in the morning" I said laying down in the sand.

Chapters will get longer or are they long enough please let me know.

The next chapter will also be from Ralph's view but then back to Bella's.

Please come moment what you think and vote if you enjoyed.