Sanctuary✔️

The week passed by in a flash. I never knew that it was possible for anyone to have so much fun in such a short time. We hit every restaurant and body of water in Durban. I got such a nice tan that even I would say looked fabulous.

My dad took a look at the air conditioning and found there was nothing wrong with it. Typical. Strange things continued to happen throughout the week. Right in front of the penthouse and at the worst possible hours too. Like one or 2 a.m. in the morning, and it would be howling or screeching. I'd wake up in the morning with something always misplaced or off.

In fact, one morning I was looking for clothes in my cupboard. A bundle of clothes fell out, and I knelt to pick them up. While I was picking them up, I noticed a black box, with a weird symbol on it, lying under my bed.

I pulled out the box and stared at the symbol

I pulled out the box and stared at the symbol. I then slowly opened it and found...clothes. Black clothes to be exact. Black t-shirt and jeans. And strangely, it was my size.

I grabbed the box and ran to my mother's room where she was busy getting dressed. She was just putting on her jeans when I burst in.

"Zoe? Close the door!" She shouted at me. I did what I was told.

"Mom, look what I found." I showed her the box. She gingerly took it.

Her face took a look of shock when her hand traced the strange symbol. She then opened the box to look at the clothes and regained her composure.

"It's just clothes I bought for you. Go put it on so we can go." And with that she shoved me out of her room.

What the hell?

-----------

The fucking hill wouldn't take my life. I tried to throw myself off, but it was like running into a wall. And of course there was Zoe. Yes, I knew her because I had been there five times now. I was the one who put the box there. They were after her and if they found her she'd be in trouble. It was all the mother's fault. Every night I sat by her window and watched her. Creepy, right? Don't even ask me how I could climb up the hill up to her window, dodging everybody. I'm just talented. She was beautiful when she slept. Now I was her guardian.

...
...
...

Sorry about that. They were drawing near. I had to howl to make sure they wouldn't come closer. They drew nearer every night. Luckily she will be going home tomorrow. I heard a tire squeal and looked down towards the road. Jackson, was there in his Dodge charger parked next to my GTO.

She was waking up. Sorry have to...