Angel of Death Part.1 ✔️

Zoe's P.O.V
It was the last week of holiday meaning next week I'd be back at school. I was not looking forward to tests and studying and homework and so on. But at least things here at home were getting better. Zack woke up. He didn't seem bothered by those memories so all was fine. Actually it was him all together that kept the family together. My parents were still mad at each other. Well more like my dad was mad at my mom. But as soon as Zack woke up they put on their brave faces and acted like a happy family. But today, that Monday evening, we were going to have a party.

Our entire family was invited on both sides as well as Toni and their family. That meant cousins and the promise of lots of fun. It was going to be lit.

My mom helped me (while not talking to me) pick out my outfit. I was going to wear a black dress that ended just above my knees, with black spider web stockings with black boots. Black was my colour.

Toni came over early to help with my makeup. I didn't see the point since it was just a family reunion but in my heart I thought otherwise. I knew something big would go down tonight. I knew there would be some family drama as well as some Death type drama. My mom had also invited some people from school beside Toni so that would be interesting.

Even though it was winter in SA, the party would be outside. So I decided to stick to the black theme and wear black long sleeves. Suddenly a knock came from the door.

"Hey sweetheart. Look at you." My dad smiled at me as he took the end of the bed, interlacing his fingers.

"Hey dad. Is there an update?" That's our codename for any development between my parents.

"Yes there is." He sighed. I became hopeful.

"Your mother left the house yesterday, and she went to The Remnants base. From there she and Death went to Mall of Africa and then he brought her back."

My heart was pumping as he told me the news. Anything relating to Death had my heart pounding in my chest these days.

"Do you think that mom's side knows?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I can tell you now, some shit is going to go down!"

"Amen to that!" We laughed.

"Toni is here so I leave it to you." And then he left.

Toni sorted me out and prettyfied me. By the time she was done, we both had been looking famous. We made our way to the yard which would soon be holding a 100 guests.

And they arrived. First the families and then my friends. I immediately recognized Bradlin, Aphrodite and many of my friends including my exes, Michael and Ted. There was one girl I recognized but actually didn't know: Psyche. My mom immediately ran to her and spoke for a moment. As soon as she left Psyche made her way to Bradlin.

Most of the girls here have dated Jake Thales and yet it wasn't awkward. So the evening went on until the drama began. Yes, you guessed...

Dancing.

Is that what you thought? Oh well.

Nobody here could dance maybe two step but not dancing. But Michael made his way to me and asked to dance. In fact it seemed every girl had been asked to slow dance. So I took Michaels hand and started to dance. Then the commotion started.

Everybody suddenly started arguing, mostly my parent's families. Michael started to dip his lips to mine during the commotion. And my moms family started losing ground, literally as they began to kneel.

Problems with that: One: Michael is twice my size, so he had to lean down a far way. Two: nobody knelt today unless you meet the Queen of England. Did my mom invite her as well?

I got my answer as all the people my mom had invited from Aeolus Academy gasped. We all stood behind the kneeling family and I could see who they were kneeling for. I guess there was a king now.

Death stood there in front of a black Ferrari. I don't know much about Ferraris but this one looked dope. The man in question wore an all black suit with a new hairstyle. Oh and the entire family was kneeling.

Did I mention that? Oh three times now? Well, it was so weird it had to be said multiple times.

"Lord Hades," my mom said.

"Lord Hades," said her entire family.

We were all shocked.

"You came Jake." My mom hugged him.

"What's he doing here?" Said my dad.

"Why is The Remnants sign on your car?" said all the students.

They didn't know. Unfortunately, to make it more weird, Zack ran and jumped into his arms.

"Death you're here!" He screamed.

"Of course, little bud. At ease."

Everyone stood. Shit this was awkward. Luckily my dad made it clear by marching towards him and grabbing his collar.

"Leave. Now!"

Death's eyes started to flicker with anger. I vaguely heard Zack say to mom," He's doing that thing."

Death grabbed my dad and lifted him off his feet and... gently put him down.

"Look Mr. Nyx, I was invited here by Isabelle. So if you didn't know then you should work on your relationship with your wife. I'm here now and you better show me so god damn respect."

All we could do was stare at the boy before us. Oh but he wasn't finished. He walked straight up to Michael and stood. Death was a significantly smaller than Michael but he was a lot more intimidating.

"If you ever dare try to get this close to Zoe, again then..." he lifted his hand which was smoking "You understand?"

Michael nodded vigorously. Death took a step back and walked back to the car. Halfway there, he stopped and stomped his foot.

Suddenly the grass died and kept dying in different directions until The Remnants symbol was burnt in the earth. When he reached his car, he opened the door and looked back once more.

"Goodnight, Nyx. See you at Aeolus."

And with that he got in and revved down the street.