Fourth Wall✔️

Death's P. O. V

I guess this was a good time to say that I hate farmers. I didn't hate them because they made food, them good vegs' and meat. No, it wasn't because of watching Teen Titans Go! And learning that farmers take my boy 2 o'clock. No definitely not that. It was because Persephone's mother, Demeter, was the goddess of agriculture and that sort of made her my mother-in-law. And there's nothing worse than a hateful mother-in-law. And could you guess where she was? You guessed it, readers, a farm. And your prize? Probably my death.

I trudged slowly onto the property.

It was a normal farm as far as I could tell except that it was in Stellenbosh, Western Cape. Yes, I went from Gauteng to Western Cape in a certain period of time. However, it wasn't the farm I expected Demeter to be on which was a grape farm. That is Dionysus territory but now that I think about it, where would I hide if I was a goddess of agriculture? Answer, in another gods territory. It was genius. Okay maybe we are related.

I strolled through the grapes and looked around. Hades had been giving me angry mumbles all the way but now he was on alert. I could feel she was close, both of them but I could feel something else. A man. I growled. Isn't it weird how boys are possessive of their ladies?

I had to walk some bit since the actual buildings were at the back of the farm which just happened to be MASSIVE! But I didn't mind the distance because with each step I took, the more nervous I got. I started criticizing my clothes, running my tongue over my teeth and running my hand through my newly cut hair. What difference would that make since I didn't have straight hair.

Maybe you should take a shower, Hades added. with the rivers of the underworld as the water.

"Doesn't that, you know, hurt?" I asked him. In my mind, he appeared to be walking with me. Oh wait, he is actually walking next to me.

Because I was hosting him, he looked like a mirror image of me. The same height as me. Eyes red instead of black. Hair white instead of black, straight not curly, cascading over his eyes. Perfect white teeth oppose to my somewhat yellow skew teeth. No acne like me. And pale skin to my tan one.

Other than like that, mirror image. He wore a white t-shirt, black jacket, jeans and white Nikes.

"Dude seriously, it's like 25°C out here. Could you not have worn something sunny?" But he just sneered.

Hey, if you want me to hook you up...

Dammit, he could read my mind. Immediately I was wearing what he was wearing, looking better than him might I add.

"Hey, you!" A guy called out. Hades and I looked towards his direction, but I had a feeling he couldn't see Hades.

The guy looked around his twenties, in a farmer overall that wasn't hooked so the upper half just folded over his legs. He wore a white t-shirt. He had blond hair with green eyes. Not sea green but like the grapes we were walking by. A pole stuck out from behind him meaning he probably had a spear or scythe. He was definitely a farmer by his built, and he looked mad.

"You're not Dionysus, so who?" I asked. He looked so pissed, and I could tell I wasn't helping.

"First of all, you need to stop eating those grapes." He demanded.

"I assure you, sir, we-I mean I am not eating your grapes." I told him, but he wasn't having it. He turned around in agitation.

"Don't treat me like a fool. I know that you have been sneaking grapes into your mouth." Okay, maybe we had been eating grapes.

"What's your name, pal?" I asked him, just a little to calm him down. Now I'm sure your asking why am I not being, well, Death. Well, it's because this guy was a god and I tried to avoid angering agriculture gods who happen to know Demeter's hatred for Hades.

And this guy didn't need to know about Hades and me.

He calmed down and looked at me looking, trying to figure out who I was.

"My name is Triptolemus, god of fruit!" he pronounced this proudly. Me... not so much.

Okay, now what do I say?

Just tell him that you're Jake Thales Hades said in a weird tone. Okay why not?

"The names Jake Thal-" I didn't even finish when a scythe blade swiped at my chest.

I jumped back and he swung again. He just kept swiping and I slowly walked back. Thank you Hades!

It was sarcasm, you idiot, Hades shot back.

"Oh, how I've been waiting for this moment." Trip shouted out, gleefully. "Millennia, I've fostered my hatred for what you did to lady Demeter and now here you are in your weakest form yet."

All the while he swung that scythe like a mad god, clearly not caring for his poor grapes. Hades rumbled within me. We may not be at our best place that we've ever been, but Hades hated when he was called weak. Especially from this agriculture mini god. Hey, if you can't take out your anger on the mother-in-law then take it out on her servants. At least that's how I remember the saying.

I stopped retreating as he swung once more and I caught the blade in my right hand. Thankfully, no blood gushed from my hand. I yanked a grape off a branch and yanked the scythe another way at the same time. Trip stumbled towards me and before he could recover I threw a grape into his mouth which he proceeded to choke on.

"Hey, I'm Death," I said as I pulled the scythe out his hand and spun around with it. ", and I can kill with grapes and scythes. "

And I gutted him, grape still in his mouth. He fell with the scythe still embedded his stomach.