The Red Eyes✔️

Psyches P.O.V
When Luke said there were monsters outside the gates I was like pssch please, monsters my ass. Now not so much. As I stepped out those gates, I immediately noticed the differences. Multiple smoke plumes rose in multiple directions, wild fires raged across roofs and I could hear battle cries from the outskirts of the city. This was going to be hard.

I turned around taking in headquarters one last time, its grand columns and its grand size. The building faced the city head on as if to say Bring it on, scumbags! It spat in their faces.

That settled it I was going to protect this place.

Luke had assigned me a team. I had the option to choose my own, but I didn't want to so we compromised. I choose Bradlin to come with me since she was the only friend I had that came to the party. Also, Bradlin was a fan of Mortal Kombat and Assassins Creed, so I'm sure she had some fighting in her.

Luke chose two guys and one more girl to go with us. Their names were Daniel, Alex and Felix. Daniel and Alex were 16 and both looked hot. Alex had a bit of Brazilian blood in him and black long hair with brown eyes. Daniel, on the other hand, was bald with grey and brown eyes and greyish complexion. At first I thought he was sick but when I asked him Alex said it was because of his ancestry. Felix, on the other hand, was a ball of sunshine. She had red hair, yellowish,brown eyes and white complexion. She was 15 like me but how ever friendly she seemed, she wasn't. She didn't trust easily, and you know that term -a man of few words- was exactly her.

All in all this team was pretty bad ass and that included Bradlin. We were all suited in individual armour. Of course Alex, Daniel and Felix had their own. They've been doing this for a while. Bradlin had what Luke called "Communal armour" which is what people used for practice. Though for practice it still was good for battle. But my armour was different. I realised after I had left the room in it that light is drawn to my armour. Even now as the sun was rising slowly, most of the light was on me. Now normally attention on me is fine but Felix was looking at me too with something in her eyes. Anger...

"Right" Alex brought me out of my thoughts,"Luke said that besides the monsters, enemies that Death had been keeping at bay would target that place. "

"Great! More enemies." Bradlin rolled her eyes.

I sighed,"Can we please call him Jake? Talking about Death makes me feel like this is a different guy altogether."

"We should first get to The San. They deal with this stuff twenty-four seven. They should know where Dea- I mean Jake, is." Felix said.

"It's too dangerous. The monsters that reside there are not kind to outsiders. Plus wouldn't they already be out fighting against the army?" Alex countered.

Felix looked at me "It's up to you leader. The San or battlefield."

I thought for a second. This San sounded like a possible enemy,alley. But looking at our team I knew none of us had been on a battlefield like this before. Unlike the San.

"Lets head to The San. They have more experience with this kind of battle besides Jake. So let's go."

Felix rolled her eyes and marched off to the SUV. We climbed in and immediately went off-road. It immediately occurred to me that we were avoiding all roads. It also occurred to me that I've been saying immediately a lot in my mind. Is that bad?

I realised that we were heading in the direction of Aeolus Academy. Even though we weren't on the road, I immediately noticed the familiarity of the surroundings.

"This is Torryson. I recognize it from all the times Toni comes here." Bradlin said.

"Thats because your friend Zoe lives down that road." Felix pointed down the only road visible. "For the Nyx to live so close to The San is pretty brave."

"Okay, who is The San?" I asked.

"The San is like The Remnants but instead of dealing with monsters and gang stuff, they just deal with Mythological things and legends in history. Hence the name San." Alex informed us.

The car came to a stop and a couple of metres away, stood a door. A double oak door connected to nothing but as soon as Daniel opened the doors we were in a building.

Strangely the hall was empty and that made it everything about it sad. Then Felix shouted out into the distance.

"Gunther!"

Nothing.

"Guess they're on the battlefield. Now what?" Bradlin asked.

I slung off my bow, "Let's find Jake."

_______________________________________

Once again, it only took five minutes. From the door in Torryson, down the road Newranton and into Zoe's house. No, we broke in. Why? Because a beast the size of a tank knocked our SUV over. We probably could have defeated it, but we couldn't. It was all our first time seeing a monster and the sheer volume of that monster sent us into shock.

Now we hid behind the door. Bradlin was crying, Daniel was breathing hard, Alex had his head in his hands and Felix was crying and pacing. I could only imagine what I looked like.

"We can't do this." Bradlin said between sobs.

"We have to!" I shouted at them, getting their attention. "We're here to save Jake or Death, whatever you want to call him. He is our friend and we treated him like shit. Sure he hurt us and the excuses at the time were pretty boring but now we know the reason. Jake saw something in each and everyone of us. He saw the power in all of us. He saw that we needed to be protected. Now his out there fighting for his life. And if you don't care for him then think of the world. This world will fall unto Hades army. So help me?"

"You said unto?" Bradlin said.

"I think she means we're with you for Jake and the world." Felix added quickly.

"Let's do this!" Alex shouted.

Daniel pulled at my arm but I ignored him. I was too hyped up after my speech and laughing weirdly to Bradlin's comment. That was until Daniel slapped me. I looked at him, shocked, and looked to where he was pointing.

And there it was.

With...it's...red...eyes.