A Little History Part 2✔️

Here we are again, beautiful readers. A lot has happened. Well, it was a lot of words. Schools started, etc. But that's not why you're here.

So I ended when Psyche was facing one of the Cerberus' heads. Legend has it that Jake attaches a Cerberus head to a loved one and that it only appears when his in danger. So Psyche and her group, after a little encouragement, hit the road killing hellhounds and skeletons,zombies until they arrive at a skyscraper. Luke follows suit, leaving The Remnants, to clean up the streets of monsters and Hydras alike. In a weird way he tries to corrupt the teenagers especially Zoe who is reluctant. But eventually they are introduced to killing and they don't have time to recover. They end up visiting the same skyscraper as Psyche.

There, at different times, both groups are captured by shadow monsters that use light to blind and knock them out. While they're out, both groups are tied up with sacks over their head and moved to the top floor. There they are set up in a circle around another victim. There they meet the leader of the Hydras, Cecile, a girl who was once played by Jake. She wants to kill Death because he killed her father during the takedown of the Hydras a year back.

Cecile pulls the hood off the mysterious victim which reveals to be Death. She knows that he hosts Hades, and she found an ancient knife that could kill Hades. The only thing is Hades can only be killed if the knife was handled by a Nyx family member. So Cecile asks Zoe to do it. Zoe is conflicted. Everybody sees that there is a possibility that she might do. However before she can do it Jake breaks out and runs into the blade. It has a different effect if the stabbing is self inflicted. Jake blacks out.

Time pasts. So after the group gets out of there, they rush Jake to the hospital where the doctors confirmed he is in a coma. While his out, the teens go to school and pass their respective grades, they have a good Christmas and good new year. Zoe decides that she likes Luke (who is nineteen years old) and they start dating.

A week into 2018, Jake wakes up with Psyche in the room. There they talk about him and her birthday before Jake gets up and resumes his mission to find his beloved. He and psyche jump into his car, drive over to Jake's house where he gets a makeover. Psyche sorts him out before he embarks by himself to find Caitlyn.

Zoe finds out Jake's hospital room is vacant and immediately goes to the headquarters for answers. There her boyfriend, Luke, sends people to track him down and to gather the team back together.

Zoe meets up with the group and tells them about what happened. She doesn't want Jake back into her life this year because she found some stability. However Psyche and Bradlin counter this with the fact that they do not hate Jake like she does and eventually agrees to find Jake. Psyche tells them that his probably looking for Caitlyn.

Meanwhile, Jake tries to find the trail to Caitlyn but he can't. He visits the San but finds no one. Out of frustration, he kicks a pillar and breaks his foot. Hades has taken a lot of his power back and he and Jake argue about this. Jake feels like Hades doesn't want his wife back because he isn't helping but Hades counters with the fact that Jake almost killed him. Eventually Jake decrees that he doesn't deserve Caitlyn but nevertheless gets a lead. The lead being to find Demeter, mother of Persephone.

Luke returns with bad news, having lost the trail of Jake. The teens though come running in saying that they have a lead. They made the connection between Caitlyn and Demeter as well and immediately jump on the trail.

Jake tracks down Demeter to Stellenbosh. While walking between the grapevines, he talks with Hades, rebuilding their friendship. He meets Triptolemus who hates Hades for the abduction of Persephone, but there's little he can do against Hades who chokes him with a grape and guts him with his own scythe.

Jake finds Caitlyn and her mother sitting in the backyard of a Victorian house, sipping tea and coke. At first Jake is awestruck by his soul mate but is quickly brought out of it when Hades catches one of Demeters golden blades inches from his face.

Caitlyn, surprised by her kings arrival, stands still as the two race in to kill each other. And just before the blades hit, Jake can tell that either him or Caitlyn won't survive this fight, nor Demeter.

The gang (without Luke) arrives at the farm. Zoe quickly meets Trip who's still trying to get the scythe out his stomach. He points them into the right direction. They arrive at the house and immediately scope it, arriving at a destroyed garden.

They see Death (a perfect balance between Jake and Hades) fighting Demeter but when they try to intervene Caitlyn stops them. Psyche confronts her, leading her into a trap until Caitlyn admits that she wants to kill Jake because of destiny. With Caitlyn hosting Persephone and Jake Hades, she is destined to end up with him in the underworld.

She was given the perfect opportunity to run and plan his death when he kissed her as an act of revenge towards Zoe. She let the Underworld's creatures free. Zoe, being right, attacks Caitlyn with a night whip from Nyx.

Meanwhile, Death is winning. Demeter uses her power over plants to entangle Death and stab him, but he is not fazed. Immediately punching her in the face, he kills all plants in the garden and pulls the blade out of his body.

Zoe, battling Caitlyn, punches her in the stomach. Caitlyn howls and entangles the group in pomegranate roots. The others can't escape, but Zoe inflicts Nyx's flames which allow her to escape. Caitlyn throws gems from all directions but the flames burn them. Zoe wraps the whip around Caitlyns legs and throws her into a stone table.

Death grabs Demeters neck, thinking that it's over, but Demeter thrusts an ancient necklace into his neck where it stays. It burns Death, and he collapses on his knees. The necklaces power is to force the dark gods back into their realms. Demeter retrieves her blade and tries to kill Death but in one roar he cracks the earth. Demeter falls into the crack but grabs the edge and so does Caitlyn. The crack leads to Tartarus and Zoe tries to send Caitlyn down.

Death grabs Demeters hand, declares victory and drops her into the abyss. Zoe hits Caitlyn in the back with the whip, and she let's go of the edge only for Jake to catch her hand. He begs for her to stay even though she betrayed him. But with mysterious words she let go of his hand, leaving a crying Jake in the real world.

I think next I'll have the epilogue and then a character summary. Thank you.