#15

thirty-minutes later, they were in the emergency room.

the students rarely complained, seeing as one of their own[sort of, ingrid is quite the 'socially pretentious' character'] was in the ER.

wyatt and chester didn't look frequently at the door like others.. but, truthfully, they were probably the most worrisome there.
though which wasnt saying a lot, since most students were on their way already, having been assigned their cars and on their way to Alabama.. particularly ingrids bus, including the others in it, had to stay behind for a way back to the auto after her little 'accident'.
it was fair, to say, that the students werent exactly 'yay' about the situation.
"ugh, how much longeerr?" marcie complained [definitely not for the first time], which perked everyone up, for a damp in the silence.
her complaining made chester a little peeved, for reasons he could only presume was her selfishness towards the situation, and in general, really..
she was so annoying!
"marcie, shut up! shes in the emergency room! for once, can you not be a self-portentous bitch, and think about someone else, say, i don't know, the poor girl in the HOSPITAL?!" erin, another girl, screamed at her, startling everyone, even the nurses, everyone cringing at the nasty sight..- erin, being in the boys soccer team and all, was pretty intimidating.

plot twist, tho there seems to always be one; marcie, and Erin who resembled a piece of butched meat and muscles-in-the-wrong-place were twins.

they were both ashamed by it, truthfully.

"well sorry, i just want to get this stupid trip o-VERR! ugh"

"you're ugh" chester mumbled, getting a laugh from wyatt, whom was sat beside him, a glare from marcie and a snicker from erin.

after that, there wasnt a peep from anyone, all just waiting for news on ingrid so they could leave.
they werent all thinking of ingrid, but there was one.

chester was thinking of her.
they were in a place unfamiliar, and the thing on her head could've been anything.
what if she died? what if she'll be paralyzed? what if she can't see? what if what if what if..
maybe he was just worrying.
maybe he was overreacting.
maybe he was just worried about her.
maybe he just cared.