34

ingrid woke up to hushed whispers.

seeing as how curiosity killed the cat, she decided to take a risk and listen into whatever was important.

maybe they're trying not to wake me. she awwed in her head, but quickly changed her mind.

"should we just leave her?"

"i think we should. the boys won't even realize."

"oh common guys, thats cold."

"since when were you a fan of ingrid?"

"oh, what? never. i just would feel bad for leaving those poor bastards.. her."

ingrid felt a little betrayed, seeing as how her high had worn off and, well.

they were talking crap about her.

"But they do look cute, don't you think?" Smack.

"Wyatt. Chester is basically dead, Ingrid being the cause of it, and all you think is they look cute. You're just so.." She heard Marcie trail off, and Ingrid opened her eyes, dazed from the light now shining upon them.

"She's up!" Barked Wyatt, and the big, burling men came around the corner, opening the tailgate, while one climbed in.

"Hey little lady. We're going to take the man here into the hospital. He looks pretty beat." The guy came over and hauled Chester into his arms, and, missing the warmth of him, she quickly got up.

"Guys, do you think he'll be okay?" WIthout all the weed and adreniline helping her forget the situation they were in, she felt herself tearing up.

This is all my fault. She thought, and hopped off of the tailgate, keeping up with the pace of the man, towards the building she had yet to notice.

Even though it was quite big.

"Ingrid, you're not sick, are you? Because you actually sound worried about Chester." Wyatt cooed, and she got annoyed.

"Hey, asshole, I'm sorry, alright? I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I-i didn't know it was going to happen." She stopped walking, and looked over at Wyatt, who was surprised to see the tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry." She emphasised, and spun around at a brisk pace towards the building.

Wyatt felt a little guilty. Apparently, she wasnt high anymore. She was human, afterall. She had feelings.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm worried too." He walked beside her, and as they reached the doors, he opened them for her.

--

"This is just one-god awful weekend, don't you think? First, I'm bitten by some horrible, horrible scorpion, that, mind you, used to be my most preferred color. But now the color is like, no ew stay away. And then we're ditched by our class, our car brakes down, I'm left to finding some flunking plants to eat, Chester almost dies, we almost die, and, now, we're stuck here, in a waiting room, because Chester might actually die." Ingrid finishes, and takes a deep breath, leaning her head down into her hands.

"Ingrid, it's not your fault. You did tell us not to eat them until you checked if they were safe. Infact, if it weren't for you, and your no-doubtedly never-ending opptimism, I don't think we would have made it here." Wyatt consulted, and felt heart-brokened by the sight of the girl in front of him. He almost felt like a brother to her, now.

"But we wouldnt have had to made it here in the first place if it weren't for me." She mumbled.

"Screw what-ifs, Ingrid. Chester's going to be alright."

"But-" She started, but cut herself off at the sight of Dr.Oliphant (or elephant, in her mind. she almost giggled at the thought)

"Good news. Mr.Chester will be alright, he's steady. He's got a broken rib, and we're working on de-toxing the poison from his body. Nothing too serious, though. If it had been the popular garden shrub azalea, he wouldn't be able to see another day. But, it was a plant called Nutmeg, which can often causes hallucinogenic effects, reported to cause the victim an awake-daydreaming state. Nothing too bad, and by the time his body has digested it, he'll be good as new. About 2 hours top.

"He's awake now, if you'd like to see him. One visitor at a time, please."

After Dr.Elephant left, the group looked at each other.

"So who's going first?" Marcie declared, like she actually cared. She just wanted to get home.

"You know, even though the cause of this was done by her, I believe Ingrid should go first." Doug remarked, and Ingrid looked at him incredously. A) He spoke! OMG!
b) he believes Ingrid should go see him first.

"You're not worried Im going to 'try and kill him' again? because, as I believe, you guys, a few short hours ago, were contemplating whether or not to leave me." She whispered at the end, leaning back in her seat.

"You heard that?" Wyatt grimaced.

"Yeah." Ingrid said, looking at no one imparticular.

"Well, I agree with Doug. You go see him." Wyatt said, and without argument, she stood up, knowing his room number.

--

"Chester?" She asked, as she opened up the door, quietly.

"Ingrid?" Chester looked at her, and saw how beat up she looked.

All he heard was a sob, as she ran up to him and latched onto him.

He was shocked.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's all my fault, I thought you were going to die." She chanted like a mantra, and he steadily put his arms around her.

"Ingrid." He deadpanned, pulling back to look at her tear-stained face.

"Yeah?" she asked quietly.

"Shut up. I forgive you, you were the one to tell me not to eat them. And I probably deserved to get run over." He smiled weakly, and she rested in a chair, latching onto his hand.

"You know what, Chester?"

"What?"

"We should do this again."

She smiled.

A/N I'm like, super tired so this sucks and has a few loopholes, BUT, this is the last official chapter. I may be uploading the Epilogue today, and, it's a lot better than this.. i thinkB(. Anyways! Stay tuned for news about a sequel!