Chapter 1 (M)

.:Author's Note:.

Oh, how I've missed you, Blake! 💙

The song Liam was playing at the top

Please excuse any mistakes

***

Blake's POV:

"Thanks for doing this with me." I said to Dimi as we walked into the third jeweler shop for the day. Unlike the past two, this one looked elegant and slightly more expensive, but I knew that Liam was worth it.

"You don't have to keep thanking me." Dimi replied with a chuckle. "Being your best man is thanks enough."

"Hello, gentlemen." A sale's associate greeted us as we walked towards the back of the shop. "Welcome to Jasmine's Jewelers. What kind of jewelry can I interest you in today?"

The sudden family talk Liam had brought up with me over a week ago had really made me think about our past and our future together. I couldn't believe that five years had already passed since I met the skittish lamb. He has become my whole world, and undoubtedly, he was the person I wanted to be with even after death does us part. There was no one who was remotely close to being like him, and I needed to snatch him up before anyone else could attempt to, again.

"Hi. I'd like to look at your engagement ring selection." I said to the sale clerk. She beamed at me before leading Dimi and me into the center of the store from behind the counter.

"Here are our engagement rings. Do you have a price range?"

For Liam?

"No."

"How sweet." The lady smiled. "I'll just take all of these out from under here then. Whichever one catches your eye, I'll be able to give you all the detail about it."

After the lady -or Laura as her name tag suggested- placed the stands of engagement rings on the glass counter top, I inspected every single one. They were all beautiful and flashy, but none of them called out to me.

"How about this one?" Dimi asked, holding up a silver band with a single diamond in the center. I took a quick glance at it before shaking my head no.

"I think it's too plain for Liam." I told him, making him laugh while shaking his head.

"You know your mate isn't into the whole flashy and expensive things. I'm sure he'd say yes even if you proposed to him with a ring pop." Dimi said.

"I know! Which is exactly why he deserves the best of the best; because he doesn't expect it."

"I do have a few more rings in the back if these won't do. However, they range from one thousand dollars and up." Laura said after I had looked over every possible ring that she set out.

"You mean these aren't the expensive ones?!" Dimi questioned with wide eyes, making Laura giggle while shaking her head.

"Not really. I'll go get the ones in the back."

Dimi and I watched Laura disappear into the back of the shop before my best friend turned to face me with a low whistle.

"Why couldn't I be your mate?" He whined teasingly. "I want a flashy and expensive ring! I've been your best friend for years. Where's the loyalty?"

"Shut the fuck up!" I said as I laughed, rolling my eyes at his antics. "When you start taking my dick up your ass with no complaints, I'll wife you."

"Dude, ew. You don't hear me going around telling you how I have sex with your sister."

"You're having sex with my sister?" I asked in mock anger, making him roll his eyes.