Chapter 7

.:Author's Note:.

Panties that Blake couldn't resist buying. ❣️

Unedited as usual, mostly because I was tired of holding onto this draft for so long. Would you believe that I already had more than half of this chapter written over two weeks ago? 🙄

***

Blake's POV:

Twenty-five Weeks Pregnant

"Harvey! Makala! You're both on patrol for the rest of the evening." Chief said as he walked through the precinct. I turned to my partner, giving her a look, which she responded to by laughing. "Something funny, Makala?"

"Not at all, Chief." Heidi replied despite trying to hide a grin. Chief nodded stiffly before returning to his office. I grabbed my coat from my chair and keys from the desk before waiting for Heidi to collect her things. After, we headed to the parking lot and got into one of the many patrol cars. "This job isn't always fun and detective work."

"Don't I know it?" I chuckled while driving out of the parking lot. It was quiet between my partner and I until we got to the neighborhood that we had to patrol. I pulled over to the side of the road, almost smirking as the drivers seemed to slow down in the school zone once they saw me.

"I'm going to grab some snacks at the store. Want anything?" Heidi questioned while unbuckling her seatbelt.

"A coffee and doughnut would be great."

"So stereotypical." She laughed and shook her head. Still, she got out of the car and headed to the nearby bakery. I watched her go before pulling out my phone so that I could give my mate a call.

I hated leaving him home alone on Saturdays, even though he had Maximillian to keep him company. I tended to worry often if I didn't at least hear his voice every two hours when he wasn't at work. It was slightly overprotective, but I couldn't help it. My lion and I were more at ease once we knew that our mate and babies were okay.

Liam picked up his phone after two rings, and the sound of him crying made my heart start to race with worry.

"Liam? Love, what happened? Are you hurt?" I asked in obvious distraught.

"Blakey..." My mate whined and sniffled. His words came out mumbled, making it hard to understand what the problem was.

"Love, take a deep breath and talk to me." I said sternly before listening as he did just that. After a few seconds, he spoke again.

"B-Blakey, my panties don't fit anymore." He voiced sadly. The laugh that escaped my lips was not my fault.

"Liam, is that why you're crying?" I questioned. My speeding heart returned to its regular beat and I now had a small teasing smile on my face.

"Yes! I have t-to wear my boxers now because m-my panties don't fit! I'm so huge!" Liam burst into another round of tears. "I hate m-my boxers."

"I know you do, love." I chuckled. "Would you like to go shopping for some new panties?"

"You'd buy me some?" My mate asked in shock. I only wished that I had FaceTime him to see his adorable reaction.

"Of course! We'll make a little date of it."

"Really?!" He almost squealed.

"Yes, but it'll have to wait until Heidi and I finish our shift."

"O-okay! Yes, thank you, Blakey!"

"No problem at all, love. Just a reminder, you are carrying twins and you are beautiful just the way you are shaped."

"Thank y-you." Liam replied, and I didn't have to see his face to know that he was blushing.