Chapter 8 - Part 2

.:Author's Note:.

A glimpse into the baby shower at the top.

As usual, please excuse any mistakes.

***

Liam's POV:

"A spa?!" I asked my best friend excitedly as she drove into the underground parking lot of said building. "How did y-you know that I've always wanted t-to go to a spa?"

"A little lion told me." Aliyah responded, a smile obvious in her tone. I sat back in my seat, bouncing like a hyperactive child, as she found a favorable parking spot. Once the engine was turned off, Madeline helped me out of the car, placing a gentle hand at the base of my back.

"That little lion would be me." She spoke, making me laugh. I had a feeling it was her since I never brought the topic up with my mate. If I had, he would've taken me ages ago, but I was in no hurry.

"Thank you, Maddy." I replied, receiving a wink from her.

Aliyah took our bags from the trunk, holding onto them while leading us towards the elevator. We didn't have to wait long for it, seeing as a few people seemed to be leaving. We stepped onto the cart before Madeline pressed the button for the third floor, making the doors close. In no time, the doors were opening again and we were immediately greeted by someone at the front desk.

"Hi! Welcome to Touched by an Angel Day Spa." The charming man behind the desk said as we walked over to him. I discreetly sniffed the air, getting a whiff of his distinct reptile scent amongst the other spa fragrances. "My name is Moses. How may I help you today?"

"Moses, I tell ya, if I wasn't mated." Madeline said teasingly as she licked her lips, causing the chameleon to blush.

"Maddy, stop making the poor thing uncomfortable!" Aliyah halfheartedly ordered as she laughed. "Hi, Moses. We have three massage appointments and three facials today under the name Corvine. Aliyah Corvine."

"One moment, please." Moses spoke before typing away on his computer. He grinned when he found what he was looking for. "I have two Swedish massages, a prenatal massage, and three crystal microdermabrasion crystal treatments. Is that correct?"

"Yes."

"Great. I'll just need each of your government-issued IDs and payment up front. Your total for right now is four hundred dollars plus tax. Do you have any coupons?"

"I do." Aliyah said as she rummaged through her bag, pulling out her phone. "I have a coupon for half off of my services."

"I'll scan it right away for you."

Aliyah gave Moses her phone for him to scan her barcode, cutting our price in half. Madeline and I both went to pay our part, but my best friend only shook her head.

"I got it, lovelies. This day is on me." She stated while handing over her debit card.

"A-are you sure, Liyah?" I asked.

"I am." She grinned.

Moses finished what he was doing behind the desk before asking for our IDs again. We gave it to him and received a waterproof electronic key in return. He told us the functions of the keys (opening our lockers as well as working as a tab) before we were given robes and towels and sent on our way.

"Liam, I hate to leave you, but we have to go into the women's locker room." Aliyah said as we came to the spot where we had to split up. "I'm giving you ten minutes. If you're not out by then, I'm coming in."

"You w-wouldn't." I blushed since we had caught the attention of a few people around us.

"I would." Aliyah smirked. "Now, here's your bag. Change into your swimming trunks and flip flops, then leave everything in your locker. Bring your phone."