Chapter 6

.:Author's Note:.

Liam's belly at the top.

***

Liam's POV:

Twenty Weeks Pregnant

"I think I want to know, Blakey." I said lowly as my mate and I sat in the waiting room of the clinic. He paused his rubbing on my stomach as he looked up at me with a wide smile.

"Really, love? Are you sure?" He questioned, making me nod. I blushed as he leaned in quickly to connect our lips before pulling away. "Okay."

Not needing to give a response, I returned my attention to the magazine I was reading while Blake began caressing my stomach once again. As I skimmed through the pages, I enjoyed my mate's soothing touch. Periodically, my stomach would rumble as if I was hungry, but Blakey made me an egg salad sandwich before we left our house, so I knew that wasn't the case.

"Liam Nelson." A nurse called out before I could get too far into my thoughts. I set the magazine aside before Blake helped me stand up and the nurse led us towards Dr. Palmer's room.

"Liam, Blake. Always a pleasure to see you two." Dr. Palmer said with her familiar kind smile.

"Likewise, Dr. Palmer." My mate and I replied simultaneously, making her laugh.

"Please, have a seat." She continued, causing us to do just that. "So, Liam, you've hit your mid-pregnancy mark. How have you been feeling?"

"Tired." I answered immediately, making her laugh again.

"That is to be expected. Anything else you can tell me?"

"I-Um have a shortness of b-breath sometimes and I can't stand for t-too long or else my legs start to cramp. Blakey gives me massages when they do."

"That is all normal pregnancy symptoms, and I'm happy to hear that Blake is being so helpful in all of this. A supportive partner helps handle the stress and strain that comes with carrying a baby – or babies in your case. How has  your libido been?"

My eyes widened and color invaded my cheeks after hearing Dr. Palmer's question. It was embarrassing to admit that my sex drive has been through the roof lately. Occasionally, there was this uncontrollable need to be intimate with my mate whenever we were in the same room. Some – if not most – of our weekends were spent in bed.

"It's at an all-time high." Blake answered for me since I was too flustered to do so. "Not that I'm complaining."

"Blake!" I whined in embarrassment.

"It's okay, Liam." Dr. Palmer said, hoping to calm my nerves. "That is perfectly normal. Along with these symptoms, you'll be able to feel your babies moving soon as well as experience some Braxton Hicks contractions. The contractions can last between thirty seconds and two minutes. They are significantly different from labor contractions, and you'll be able to tell them apart easily."

Dr. Palmer continued to ask questions and tell us necessary information until we knew everything we needed to know for the next three weeks. Finally, she stated that it was time for my ultrasound, and I couldn't contain my excitement as I laid down and let her do her thing. Even though Blake and I had heard our babies' heartbeats many weeks prior, I still cried when the sound filled the room.

"Wonderful image. Healthy heartbeats." Dr. Palmer spoke as she moved the wand around and pointed at the screen. "Baby number two seems to be a little bit smaller than baby number one, but that is okay. We're not seeing a significant size difference so there's nothing to worry about. There are no physical abnormalities, however, when you come back in the next three weeks, I'll perform an amniocentesis test on you to detect chromosome abnormalities, neural tube defects, and genetic disorders."