Chapter 2

.:Author's Note:.

Edmundo at the top

Please excuse any mistakes

***

Liam's POV:

These past few days, I had to constantly remind myself that Blake was part lion and not part hawk. Ever since the incident after our sexy time, my mate has been watching my every move. His eyes seemed to stare into the deepest depths of my soul as he tried to figure out what I was hiding from him.

Of course, I knew that he knew that I was hiding something. It was obvious when I waved off my constant throwing up as a stomach virus. However, for such a smart man, my mate could be clueless at times.

"You've been staring at me for the past ten minutes." I mumbled to Blake before biting into my raisin bagel smeared with cream cheese.

"I can't admire you?" He questioned, making color fill my cheeks.

"You're not admiring. You're trying to figure something out. I know you."

"Sue me." He responded as he raised an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes and laughed before I finished the rest of my breakfast. After, I walked around the island so that I could settle between his legs.

"Stop worrying. When I'm ready to tell you, I will." I mumbled against Blake's lips before giving him a few quick kisses.

"So you admit that you're hiding something?"

"Yes, and for good reasons."

"Can't argue with that, can I?"

"You can, but you won't because you love me so much." I replied teasingly, making him laugh. "I have to go now. Will you call me on your lunch break?"

"Always. Our ten-minute conversations in the middle of the day are what I look forward to most at work."

"You're so cheesy." I joked despite the heat that encased my face.

"Yeah, but you love it."

"Very much so."

***

"Liam, do you have a second?" My coworker, Nicole, asked as she walked into my classroom. My first graders all looked in her direction while I paused my reading, setting my book aside.

"Yes. Is there a problem?" I asked as I stood from my desk.

"Not really. Zachary's mom is here for her meeting."

"Oh! I completely forgot about that. Okay, I'll go in just a moment. Class, can you start answering the questions based on the parts of the book I read?"

"Yes, Mr. Nelson." I received a chorused response, making me smile. I headed out of the door then, leaving Nicole to watch my class for a while.

Every meeting with Zachary's mom lasted about ten to fifteen minutes. She wanted to know how her son was doing in school and the steps she needed to take while at home with him. I enjoyed the monthly meetings with her because she was the kind of parent I wanted to be; someone who cared for their child consistently.

Today's meeting seemed to go quicker than expected, and before I knew it, I was hurrying back to my classroom. However, on my way there, Nicole stumbled into me.

"I thought you were watching my class." I teased as we continued walking in its direction.

"I was, but then Edmundo came in and took over for a few minutes."

Edmundo was the principal of the school. He was also a friend of Blake and me. On few occasions, he and his husband came to have dinner with us.

"Really? What for?" I asked, but Nicole only shrugged. I shook my head with a laugh as I waited for her to open the door. I would've done it myself, but she seemed really eager to do it for me.