Chapter 13

.:Author's Note:.

The way I imagined Liam sounding at the top - 0:26 is where the song begins.

Please excuse any mistakes.

****

Blake's POV:

I quietly entered Liam's and my bedroom, not wanting to wake Penelope who laid on my mate's bare chest as he gently played in her hair. There was a sweet but tired smile on his face when he glanced up from mindlessly staring at our peanut to watch as I settled in the bed beside him with Sebastian strapped to my own bare chest.

"I love you," was the first thing we whispered to each other, at the same time, causing a small laugh to pass our lips. Crazy how we both thought the charged phrase needed to be said. I pressed a kiss to my mate's temple before stilling as Sebastian began to stir against me.

Glancing at the time, I noted that it was almost exactly right on cue for him and Penelope to wake up for their feedings. Liam seemed to notice that too since he was already gently holding Penny up so that we could switch babies. We did the trade quickly.

Thankfully, he was able to get Sebastian to latch onto his nipple before our son could release his shrill cries, thus keeping from waking his twin for a short while. After a little more than a week home together, my mate and I were able to fall into a routine that kept him and both of our little ones happy and the least stressed.

Silently, we pounded our fists together for the quick and successful execution, another little thing we picked up.

"Aliyah is stopping by later," Liam spoke a few seconds later. "I-I know your lion is getting a bit antsy after a week of being cooped up w-with me."

"You say that like it's a bad thing," I frowned playfully, causing that slight blush I love so much to spread across his cheeks.

"Y-you know what I mean, Blakey," my mate smiled. "You need to shift. It's been too long – unnecessarily so. W-we thought you could go for a hunt with Dimi and Lorenzo while Liyah helps me for a-a bit."

My mate was absolutely right. This was the longest I've gone without shifting, and my lion wanted out more than anything. On a few occasions, I had to keep him from slipping out when we were in close proximity of our babies, not wanting to hurt them – even though realistically I knew my lion would never since they were of our own making. Still, he was getting more impatient by the day, and I didn't want to wait until the moment when I couldn't control him anymore.

"I appreciate the sentiment, love," I sighed while pressing my lips against the side of his head once more. He smiled shyly up at me before connecting our lips in a quick peck that made me growl lowly.

"You're welcome," he teased seductively, and I held back the onslaught of inappropriate things I wanted to do to him at that moment. Five more weeks.

About twenty minutes later, Sebastian was done feeding, and my mate and I did another quick switch so that Penelope could get her turn. I took the time to burp Sebastian. Maxie waltzed in a few moments later, not wasting a single second before he hopped onto our bed and snuggled against my mate's thigh while placing a paw on my arm. I chuckled, as did my mate, at our pup's obvious display of affection.

"You are so-something else, pup," Liam said despite giving Maxie a well-received scratch behind the ear.

It fell silent between us again – a comfortable sort of silence – for a while before Penny was done being fed, burped, and promptly falling back asleep. Sebastian had released his gas some time ago and hadn't fallen back asleep, much to my mate's and my surprise. He had his eyes open as I laid down and swayed him from side to side while he rested against my raised lap.