Chapter 6: Big Girls Cry

MARCUS POV///

In the morning, I checked my phone to see if Mona had texted throughout when I was sleeping... She did. But it only said, "I'm sorry" I was concerned at that moment, so I decided to call her. She didnt pick up, so I tried to text her... Within about 10 minutes she didnt respond... I tried to cool down and keep my cool... Maybe she's busy, or sleeping... Either way, I needed a response from her...

MONA POV///

THE DAY BEFORE:

Mom: what the hell, are you doing you brat!

Mona: I was just talking to my friend!

Mom: I DONT CARE! YOU SHOULD BE DOWNSTAIRS DOING YOUR CHORES!

She grabbed me by my hair and threw me outside of my room. And snatched my phone out of my hand.

Mom: You dont get to have your phone FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH!

As she turns around she gave me the death stare...

Mom: Oh yeah, and when your father gets home, he'll be knocking some sense into you...

As she walked down the stairs, I immediately ran to the bathroom and cried my eyes out... I literally didnt know what to do anymore... So, I tried to call Krisi and Sam, but not at the same time... I grabbed the phone from the office and making sure that mom wasn't watching... Then, when the coast was clear, I dialed Krisi's number first...

Krisi: Oh hey! Whats up?

Mona: Krisi, I need you to call the police NOW

Kris: Wait why??

Mona: Its my parents, I've had enough of them and I can't bare to take one more punch to the face or stomach... You know my address right??

Krisi: Yes, and I'll call them right now... Hang tight

Mona: okay, thanks

As she hung up, I called my friend Sam... And the only reason I call them for anything, is because they're my TRUE best friends. They never turn their back on me and I can always count on them...

Sam: Hello? Mona?

Mona: Hey, Krisi is calling the police on my parents right now...

Sam: Wait what?? Did you tell her to?

Mona: Yes, and I cant anymore punches from them!

I start to shed a tear...

Sam: Hey, dont worry... You are always welcomed to stay at my house if you need to...

Mona: Okay thank you Sam...

As I kept talking I look down to see my mom coming up the stairs...

Mona: Crap! I gotta go, bye!

I immediately hung up.

Mom: Oh my god! What are you still doing up here? Huh?!

She grabbed my hair and started to fight me, kick, punch, bite, scratch, but just in time, the police came to take away the spawn of the devil... As well as my horrible father.

PRESENT///

MARCUS POV///

Its been 3 days since I've last talked to Mona, and I started to freak out a little bit... But then, my phone vibrates. I ran to go check on it, and it was Mona.

Mona: Hey...

Me: Hey! What's wrong?

Mona: Just, a lot on my mind...

Me: Do you want to talk about it?

Mona: Uh, no... Let's just change the subject

Me: Uh, okay!

I just tried to play along...

Me: So, um how are you?

Mona: Okay

Me: Do you want to Facetime?

Mona: Sure

It started to ring and then connect, and all I could see is a black screen, and all I could hear was crying and sniffling...

Marcus: Mona?! Are you okay??

Mona: No...

Marcus: Awe, what happened?? I'm sorry if I'm asking a lot... I just want to help you.

Mona: Its just EVERYTHING! My parents were taken away when I was calling you, 3 days ago. Im living with my 2 best friends practically... We've managed to find an apartment to stay in... We collected money and were living out on our own now AT AGE 14! They vowed to their parents that they would live with me, but I feel like such a teribble friend!

She sobbed even more, but I tried to calm her down...

Mona: I'm sorry, I dont like crying in front of people...

Marcus: Dont worry Mona, you can cry in front of me any time you want, I won't judge...

Mona: Thank you so much Marcus... You really are a great friend...

Marcus: And you are too

AUTHORS NOTE!!

Hey my minties! Its Shan! I hope you all are having a greaf time read in this book! Just for all of you who dont know who Mona's friends are they're MY best friends, but just in a book! Shoutout goes to the one and only, gunnarsen_twins KrisiLoveGunnarsen😊💗 Thanks for reading my book and more chapters await!

-Shan💖