Just a book (Changed)

Lance finished whisper yelling at Hunk and turned to rejoin the others. He took a seat at the table bouncing his legs anxiously, "Can someone please explain why my hair was white and markings were on my face!"

"Well Lance." Allura started tucking a stray hair behind her pointed ear. "Can you tell us who your father was?"

The word made him shrink back. "Mr. McClain," his voice was cold and the words spaced. Lance sat up straight his arms slacking to the side. A position of submission.

"Lance?" Pidge had never seen such a look of Hatred on his features. Shiro reached towards him as the Anger turned to fear pulling back when Lance flinched. The boys eyes grew distant as his knees pressed into his chest.

"Uh. Sorry. Mr. McClain and I..." he started to sweat the words slipping around his tongue. Truthfully Lance didn't want to elaborate but what choice did he have. He had questions, they had answers.

"You don't call your dad, dad?" pidge asked. Confusion turning to shock as theories whirled through her brain.

As the color drained from their faces Lance gave a bitter chuckle, "That man was not a father. He didn't deserve that title. As far as I know I didn't have dad." He growled hurt flashing in his eyes.

"Mr. McClain was always- always drunk. That man would- would- would try to hurt my siblings, my mother, anybody really. I had to stop him, to protect them." Lance continued to mumble rocking his body back and forth as memories slammed into his thoughts.

Hunks made a shocked sound, "I'm sorry, I never knew." Lance dismissed the apology with a flutter of his hands.

"Is that why as a kid you were scared of being picked up? Or addressed for that matter?" Shiro asked. The only answer he got was a nod and an apology.

"Sounds like my uncle. However the only way to be sure is a scan of our blood." Allura said as Coran came in with a small pair of tubes and needles. At the sight of the metal points Lance whimpered.

"Put those away!" Hunk scolded blocking his friends view of them.

"He hates needles." Pidge explained placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. Pidge and Hunk each held a hand as Lance stared into nothing, clenching his jaw as the blood was drawn.

"You're doing great lance," Allura said cheerfully in hopes of easing his nerves.

Not even four seconds into it he turned his head looking down at the needle burried deep in his arm and exhaled sharply. He forgot how to breathe entirely his body tensing.
He wheezed, "Oh quiznack."

He paled to the color of a sheet of paper before his heart rate started racing. His breathing fast and uneven.

"Shit. Lance! Hey look this way." pidge coaxed trying to turn his face away.

He made a strained sound, "I.. C-can't."

"How much longer?" shiro asked.

"Just 3 more ticks."

Lance felt tired. His head bobed and his eyes slipped closed."Woah, Hey Lance. Stay awake! Don't you faint." Keith growled. He placed his hands on either side turning his head slowly but forcefully away. Lance felt the needle leave and blinked.

He still couldn't catch his breath. The room spun and everything blurred together. He looked at Keith fighting to inhale more slowly.

"Drink this." Coran suggested holding out a bottle."Only a si-" the contents already gone before he could finish, Coran gave an awkward chuckle as Lance took in a deep breath the color returning to his face. "Well isn't this an odd situation, " The ginger said.