Mirrored shots(changed)

Double crept silently to the infirmary typing in an overide code. He caught himself with ease. Helping the other stand as his legs adjusted to the sudden weight.

"Thanks," Normal lance whispered.

'I told you i could get us some time! I just had to over stimulate the pod time and find the override key.' Double signed excitedly his fingers barely visible in the darkness.

"Yeah yeah. I never doubted you man. Is everyone else asleep?" Lance couldn't speak so he signed as if he always had.

"Should be. You sure your up for this? you can just come with me and we can go to sleep."

"I'm sure." they slinked towards the training deck stopping only so lance could change into actual clothes.

The faced each other fists raised. 'you know we suck at hand to hand combat."

"That's why we should practice," Lance snickered launching into the fight with a newfound swiftness. They kicked and punched moving in an almost identical rhythm.

Time seemed to rush past in a matter of seconds. Double lowered his hand checking the ticker on the wall.

"It's 4 in the morning. We should shower and head to the kitchen," he signed thoughtfully a yawn spreading through the pair.

"agreed ... maybe a short nap too," Lance laughed following the route he had grown familiar to pacing in the dark.

---

"Keith... Your Keith is worried about you," Double whispered running his fingers through his soggy curls.

Lance looked at him in shock. "You just-"

"Spoke? Yeah..." he cleared his throat. "I'm trying to start again." he let out an airy chuckle as Lance pulled him into a tight hug.

"Wait. Why's Keith worried?"

"You're shutting your feelings in again. All your friends are worried. Not speaking is only adding to their anxiety." Double explained pulling back a little to take out his contacts.

"What! No I'm not," Lance crossed his arms defensively.

'Yes you are! You're doing it right now.'

"Nope."

'You're in denial! I know, that after what you just went through with dad you're scared. You're terrified of what you did. Of what he did!' Doubles eyes burned. With what Lance couldn't tell.

"I can see it. The way you shrink back. The panic in Your eyes. Please our friends," he took a breath correcting his word choice. "Our family loves you. Keith loves you. Lance you need to tell them before you break. " his voice shook. "No one can pretend forever."

Lance clenched his jaw looking up from the floor. "I dont want to be weak anymore. Pitied. They shouldn't have to worry about me. As a paladin of Voltron I should be stronger than this. I have to be reliable."

"But as a person, and as their friend you shouldn't have to bottle up what you feel. Nobody will think any less of you for your past. They only worry because they love you so much. Lance, i think you should talk to them." Double placed one hand on his shoulder the other moving to push up his glasses.

"Ok. I'll try. Let's go get food," Together they padded down the hallway to find both Keiths up and waiting for them. A frown on both their faces.

"Did you close out the footage of our match?" Double whisper yelled.

Lances eyes widdened, "no i thought you did!"

They locked eyes with the violet pairs ahead. "Run!" they agreed taking off at high speed.

Skidding around the corners the pounding of feet is close behind them."McClain! Get your asses back here."

"Catch us Kogane!" They sped up the sound of slamming feet echoing in the morning silence.

"Shit! Keith's gonna kill me," double wheezed as he slid down the hall.

"Same. Oh Morning Shiros can't talk. Bye!" Lance squeaked over his shoulder after jumping over the mini black paladin.

Hearing the angry threats through the vents both Hunks sleepily wandered out of their rooms. Bear like yawns booming from their chests. At that exact second Both sets of boys turned down the hall. Double knew The red paladins were gaining on them.

"Hunk! Grab them," they called from behind breathing still in perfect order.

"No! Make a wall block Keith!" Double told them hurriedly.  He turned to Lance, "If one of us gets caught climb in the vents and think of a rescue plan?" he offered.

Lance smirked a mischievous glint in his eyes. "No time."

"Do you remember the gymnastics classes from when we were kids?" He asked again.

"I think so? But he's pretty tall..."

"Slide under?" They felt another wider smile fill their cheeks.

The Hunks thought it over. They took notice of the light bags under their Lances eyes, the still damp curls, and the shortness of breath.

"They were up all night again. Catch them." Hunk mumbled sternly bracing for impact.

"But my lance spoke... Sorry Keith!" as D. Hunk stepped aside Double flew past laughing maniacally.

"Hunk no!" Lance screamed as he ran into the closing arms

"Lance!" Double skidded to a stop.

"Go man! Go, I'll be fine. Run!" he went limp before slipping out from under the yellow paladins legs.

"Nice," he whispered running off again. To late; Double felt the arms snake around his waist and sighed.

'so close,' he signed.

Lance yelped feeling a hand wrap around his ankle.

-

"Lance what were you thinking!" Keith growled crossing his arms the sound echoing in the common room.

Lance covered his flinch with a smile but it didn't go un-noticed. "What do you mean?"

Both Kieths stood side by side pinching the bridge of their noses. "You left your footage up again."

"And you left the pod early!" D. Keith pouted. "How do you even do that?"

Lance shrugged, "I don't know. I mean only someone smart could know what number sequence could override the central control system and open the door. A handsome genius," Double rolled his eyes the tips of his ears turning pink.

"Everyone's here. You should talk to them before you leave. I'll be back up," He told him in Spanish. The language flowing gracefully over his tongue.

Lance paled but nodded. "L-lets, lets, let's play a game." he stuttered. "Ask me any question and i have to answer. One question per person on my team. No bullshit answers just the truth."