The truth (changed)

He is your uncles Son... The words spun in his head. "Mr. McCain...Was Altean," Lance whispered closing his eyes. There was a silence; a sort of awkward buzz filling the air.

It seemed as if everybody had stopped breathing trying to see how he would react. Lance gave a shaky smile turning to the princess. She look down to avoid his eyes as he approached.

Laughter sounded as he pulled her into a hug which she gradually returned. "Looks like i was wrong." Lance whispered into her hair.

"About?" she inquired pulling back slightly confused.

He laughed, "I do have family up here." they smiled at each other a new connection forging between them.

Hunk sniffled, "that was beautiful." He joined the hug pulling pidge and shiro with him.

Keith coughed awkwardly, rolling is eyes Lance dragged him in too. "C'mon Mullet."

"Allura, you've been able to change into a gallra form, so is it possible for you to become like lance?" Keith asked.

"Yeah!" the rest agreed breaking the hug.

"Well I don't quite know. I suppose It wouldn't hurt to try." she closed her eyes thinking about Lance and the other paladins. Slowly her hair turned a shade of coffee brown, the markings dissappeared and her tan skin lightened slightly. She already was wearing the outfit Lance had made her for her birthday.

A pair of what he called, 'Joggers' with a cropped blouse with the words, 'out of this world, ' printed on the front.

Lance made a happy sound his eyes sparkling. "You look like my sister Veronica."

She laughed looking at her reflection in pidges glasses. "Now you should try and change into your altean form. "

She changed back guiding him through the process. "Just think about the way coran and I look."

He closed his eyes focusing as hard as he could. The markings swam across his face. Pidge sat awestruck as his hair paled. "So cool!"

Keith took a couple steps forward nervously. Somewhere during Lances transformation Kieth had joined in trying to channel his Gallra personality.

Lance bit his lip, everything was coming at him so fast. This new part of himself made him want to scream he needed a way to adapt. There were still things his friends didn't know about him. Things not even he wrote about...

"I'm sorry." he mumbled his concentration breaking enough for the markings to shiver.

"Lance, what for?" Allura asked placing a conforting hand on his shoulder.

"I just haven't been one hundred percent honest with you guys." he laughed.

"What do you mean?" Hunk said tilting his head to the side in nervous curiosity.

"I mean for starters my hair is curly, I've got freckles on my face, and i need glasses. So I straighten my hair, put on makeup, and wear contacts. And since i just need to get everthing out there. I'm not to bad at math, I'm terrified of spiders, and I only picked up drawing because- ." He stopped deciding to end the sentence there. He rushed all of it out barely stopping to breathe.

"But why?" Pidge stepped forward pushing her glasses up. "Why lie about stuff so small." they all knew better than to push someone after the news they had just learned.

"Because i was tired. Tired of being called a nerd. Tired of being picked on. Tired of living up to expectations i knew i could never reach. I would much rather make people laugh and be able to make jokes than be the joke." Lance let a small chuckle leave his shaky lips as he smiled at everybody.