chapter 6//and they meet

//alex pov

During the entire class period I was tapping my fingers. I wanted to make a good impression on Laurens after class, and it prevented me from actually obtaining any form of information.

"What's going on with you?" Thomas Jefferson whispered beside me. "No snarky comments or commentary on what we're learning?"

"Just nervous"

"What, do you have a date or something?"

"If all goes well, hopefully," I muttered.

He nudged me. "That guy is looking at you again. He does this all the time."

He subtly pointed to someone across the room. I glanced over and I noticed the face of John Laurens trying to act like he was paying attention to Washington. I watched him slowly and cautiously try and take a peek at me. I winked at him in return and saw his face burn red as he looked away.

"Aw does little Lexi have a boyfriend?" Jefferson taunted.

"I told you not to call me that!" I said a little too loudly.

A few heads from my classmates turned around to see what I was grumbling about. I shook it off and tried to return my focus to the lesson, but I realized Washington was staring at me too.

"Alexander? Is there a problem?"

"No," I mumbled.

I just needed this class to be over so I could finally talk to Laurens face to face.

After who knows how long, Washington dismissed the class. I waited until mostly everybody else was out of the class room to yell his name.

"John!"

A few heads turned around so I had to add to it.

"Laurens!"

One of them walked back into the classroom. Once he noticed that it was me who called him back in, he got flustered.

"H-hey," he greeted.

"Hi."

He shakily stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"I-I'm John Laurens, but you already know that."

"We've already met," I told him, "just not face to face. I'm Alex Hamilton."

Needless to say, his mouth fell open.

"I-I've been talking to my crush this entire time?"

"I think we both weren't expecting it," I smiled.

"Peggy's gonna freak," he mumbled.

"Well, do you have anymore classes today?" I asked.

"No. We could go out for coffee. If you want, though... We don't have to."

"I'd love that," I responded, trying to seem as confident as I humanly could.

He smiled, and I grabbed his arm, running out of the classroom. I could tell that he was barely keeping up with me, so I slowed down.

"Eager one, aren't you?" he joked, before realizing what words had actually came out of his mouth. "No, no, no, no. Not in that way, I mean unless you are, and if you are, well maybe we should get to know each other more. It's good we're going out for coffee then."

I chuckled. "I'm alright with just coffee now. Unless you want it to escalate, because trust me, I would not regret doing that with someone like you."

I said the last part just to get him flustered a little bit, but that didn't mean that there wasn't any truth behind those words, because, trust me, there was a LOT of truth.

"Let's just get some coffee," he suggested.

//john pov

I actually could not believe I had been talking to the guy I had basically been stalking during class. I also could not believe that he just said that he would be fine having sex with me. 

The coffee shop was no where near crowded which meant that Hamilton and I could have a peaceful outing where we could get to know each other better.

We sat down at a small table by the window with our coffees.

"So where's my Nyquil?" he smirked as we sat down.

"I wasn't exactly expecting to meet you," I snapped.

"I'm kind of glad it was me you had a crush on," he said, completely disregarding my sudden snap.

"Why?" I took a sip of my warm drink.

What made him glad about my crush?

"Well, I suppose I can say this now that I know about yours, but I might have caught some feelings for you."

I snorted, completely oblivious to the reasons why he would have a crush on me.

"I can't understand what you would find funny, considering you can't say much more," he fired.

"No, just wondering how you could have a crush on me."

His mouth fell open with shock.

"Well other than me being absolutely taken away when I look into your eyes, and your curls and freckles are magnificent. Not to mention you've put up with my sassy texts over the past week." He smiled. "Also I've never met someone who is over the age of ten so obsessed with turtles."

I blushed. I loved turtles but sometimes it could get embarrassing.

"And, well I just noticed this, but you get flustered whenever I compliment you or mention getting intimate."

I couldn't control it, but my face burned again. He giggled. I decided that I enjoyed the sound of his laughter. It seemed to create a happier environment. It was also very contagious and I couldn't hold back my own laughter.

He stopped for a second to comment on my laugh. "Wow, your laugh really compliments you."

"How so?"

"Perfect laugh for the perfect person."

"Oh I'm far from perfect."

"Most people are, but you're the closest," he said with a genuine smile.

I told myself I wouldn't fall too hard, but I'm sensing that won't be possible now.

//an: um sorry the chapters have been getting out slower. i wish i had a real excuse but the only reason is who i am as a person.

hoping to get another talk less chapter out soon too.

thanks
~meghan