chapter 25//thomasthetrain-wreck

thomasthetrain: hey bitch how ya feeling?

justyouwait: fine

justyouwait: don't you have an ass to be in?

thomasthetrain: can't i just make sure my friend is feeling alright?

justyouwait: well i suppose you can

thomasthetrain: i'm coming over

justyouwait: why

thomasthetrain: it's the friendly thing to do???

justyouwait: you have never had any interest in being friendly

thomasthetrain: well i'm turning myself around

justyouwait: you do you pal

justyouwait: see you and james later then

thomasthetrain: no just me

justyouwait: since when

thomasthetrain: he can't come

justyouwait: k but just know that lafayette is here too

//\\

"Alexander, honey, your friend is here," Martha announced using as little enthusiasm as possible.

A few seconds later, Jefferson was entering my room with a wide grin on his face.

"Who died to make you smile?"

"No one, it's just the first time I've been to your house."

He sat down on the bed next to me, a little closer than I was comfortable with, but I didn't necessarily object. The growing silence put me on edge. Either he would have to talk or I was about to call anyone else here stat.

"So how have you been? Excluding the recent panic attack and all," he added.

I politely nodded. "Fine."

"Still keeping that relationship of yours a secret?"

"Yup."

"Right.."

He was clearly very nervous for some reason. Usually around me, he was bold and audacious, though in this proximity, he had become reserved and timid.

"You know, I was pretty surprised when you wanted to come over," I burst out.

I wasn't sure if he was offended or not, because the look on his face was blank.

"Well can't friends just visit each other when they don't feel well?"

"I suppose, but we've never been close."

"Maybe that's something we can change," he suggested.

I had realized that he had suddenly inched even closer together. I tried to scoot away as discreetly as possible after remembering my discomfort.

"Th-that sounds reasonable."

He cleared his throat. "Good so we both agree."

"Yes! Yes we do.."

After a few more moments of heated awkwardness, he launched himself off of the bed.

"I-I should probably go.. There's some essay I need to work on," he mumbled, gathering himself.

"O-oh.."

"Yeah. Well I guess I'll see you when you go back. Hope that's soon.."

"Me too."