chapter 8//the walk

//alex pov

Okay, so John was pretty adorable.

What am I saying? He's the hottest fucking person on the planet. He has more freckles than you can humanly count, and eyes that sparkle like diamonds. How could anyone not be attracted to a guy like him?

"So what do we talk about now?" I asked, trying to start some conversation.

"Um, you haven't told me much, or really anything, about your childhood. I'd love to hear it," he responded.

And, of course, he wanted to talk about the thing that I didn't even want to think about, let alone let sentences about it come out of my mouth. I decided to just play it off with my cool attitude like usual.

"You haven't unlocked my tragic backstory yet, my good friend."

I noticed he flinched a tad when I said friend. Oh no, I just "friendzoned" someone who I wanted to date. What was I doing?

"I-I mean my good- um, wait... I need to ask you out. So, um, John Laurens, will you date me?"

He snorted a bit when I mention actually needing to ask him out first.

"Isn't this our first date?" he asked.

Wait, was it?

"If it was, our second date will be better."

"So you're my boyfriend now and we're dating?"

"I'd be greatly disappointed if that wasn't the case."

"So it's settled. We're dating."

"Perfect."

HOLY SHIT JOHN LAURENS WAS MY BOYFRIEND NOW!

We walked a while and talked about the things we'll do when we get out of school.

"I mean I love Marine Biology, but there's no way I'm getting into a career like that with my dad."

"I'm definitely going into Law. I just needed to minor in something that was a little different."

"Well I'd be a terrible lawyer," he stated.

"Maybe you'd do better if you actually took notes instead of staring at me," I snickered.

"Shut up!" He playfully nudged me.

"Whatever. You said you liked drawing. What do you like to draw?"

"Hmm, excellent question Mr. Hamilton. I do enjoy drawing turtles and sometimes my friends, but only one of them will actually pose for me."

"I'll lose for you. Draw me like one of your French girls," I joked.

"Mm, that would be a good picture," he flirted.

I could tell that he was getting way more comfortable with me. Earlier he was so nervous, he repeated my bad pickup line. I didn't mention it because I didn't want to embarrass him, but dang he was cute when he blushed.

"Why imagine it when you can just see it tonight?" I smirked.

"I'm not one to get naked on the first date. My roommate is gone tonight anyways, so do you just want to come over and watch like a movie?"

"I don't-"

"No, we're watching a movie. You need to watch them. They're essential to living a good, successful life," he explained.

"Fine. Who is your roommate, though?" I asked, wanting to know.

"Lafayette, or Laf, for short. They're the person I was talking about. Do you know them?"

I knew Lafayette well. We were both orphan immigrants, though he came from France. Both of us were taken in by the Washingtons, too. Yes, my teacher and his wife took us in as foster children. I usually didn't talk to them except for when we weren't in school. It might have been a reputation that they wanted to uphold, but it's not like I'm totally unpopular. I just hang out with Burr, who they like to mess around with.

"Yeah, there's probably something you should know about Lafetyette and I," I mentioned.

"Oh no, you're they're ex aren't you?"

"No, no, definitely not! Well, you see, we're sort of siblings."

He started cackling. "There's.. not.. a chance... you can be siblings," he said through his fits.

"Foster siblings," I corrected. "He's French, I'm Caribbean, and we both came here as immigrants, though I came more recently. The Washingtons took us in."

"As in, George Washington, our teacher?"

"Uh, yeah. He encouraged Lafayette to come here, and I just followed. Plus, I like it here. They put a cute guy in my law class."

He snickered. "Looks like we're in the same boat"

"Lucky for me, I might get to kiss him tonight," I winked at him.

"Oh, will you?"

"Or maybe right now?" I asked with puppy eyes.

"There's a park in another block, can you wait? I want to make it special."

I nodded eagerly.

He wants to kiss me back. HE WANTS TO KISS ME BACK!

If it weren't for my more laid back personality on dates, I would be shrieking out loud, but I had to keep my cool in front of John. I tightened my grip on his fingers.

"Are you really that nervous? I thought you were the confident one," he teased.

"Shut up. I thought you would be flustered. Maybe I just need to make you blush," I threatened.

"Oh, and how will you do that?"

"You'll see when we get to your place," I hummed.

"So we're not kissing anymore?" he asked.

"Yes we are, come on."

I pulled him towards the park, excited to see how it would play out.

//an: how i got another chapter out. sorry, don't expect another one until i get back. (ah sorry)

mkay that's it
~meghan