two

I'm so sorry I meant to post this yesterday. However, I got real distracted and we all know how that goes for me! I promise not to forget again so until next Wednesday. Enjoy!

-Issie

•••

My mind hadn't stopped thinking about the blog post I had posted last night

My mind hadn't stopped thinking about the blog post I had posted last night. I was itching to see if anyone even bothered to comment. Probably not it had sounded a tad bit pretentious. I could feel my foot tapping the ground repeatedly as Mrs. Ledford went on about Hamlet.

In all honesty I could care less about the play, I'd rather watch the movie and get it over with. However, Mrs. Ledford was very old fashioned and would make our entire class perform the scenes in front of each other. She would say that it would help us visualize the images that Shakespeare was trying to convey. Where to me, I think she did it because she knew in that tiny brain of hers we felt like complete idiots.

Sure we were all in our senior year and had known each other since preschool days. It never helped us feel comfortable in front of one another.

"Miss Williams? Are you paying attention?," Mrs. Ledford's scratchy voice caught me off guard, everyone's eyes landed on me.

"Uh-" I grumbled under my breath unaware what Mrs. Ledford had said.

"Horatio's speech. Line three hundred and sixty five," Mrs. Ledford glared and I gulped.

I searched down my Hamlet book. "How these things came about: so shall you hear of carnal, bloody, and unnatural acts, of accident judgements, casual slaughters-" I spoke in a monotone voice, and finished the rest of the speech.

"Well now that we are nearly finished the play, we shall begin the end of the year project. Before exams begin." Mrs. Ledford, her thunderous voice deafening me, "You and a partner will get a scene and together-" Mrs. Ledford let the word, together hang in the air, " You will explain why this scene contributed to the overall outcome of the play." she nodded with a sly smile on her face.

Everyone seemed happy, even if the project itself was stupid. We had the chance to be with a friend and not suffer with a stranger.

"Only, I will be choosing your partners," Mrs. Ledford allowed her smile to turn into a smirk. When every student in the class sighed. "Oh it won't be that bad," Mrs. Ledford pushed her thick glasses up her sunken nose.

As she began to list off the pairs of students, I zoned out. Flicking my blue eyes back and forth to the ticking from the clock, hoping that the bell would ring soon so I could go home for lunch.

"And lastly Zelda and Lincoln," Mrs. Ledford looked up to see all the students had sunk into their seats, obviously disappointed by her poor teaching choices.