fourteen

I was laying in my bed, playing music out loud when mom and dad barged through the door

"What more do you want?" I glared at them, hoping they would be telling me they were leaving on business again.

"We are letting you know, our party is about to start." Mom rolled her eyes, as she flicked back her blonde curls.

"And you felt the need to tell me because?" I stared at both of them, neither of us had spoke in two days after the incident of the truth getting out. At least to Lennie.

"You young lady will be staying in your room." Dad spoke this time, as he folded his arms across his chest as if he were trying to be more assertive, "You are grounded from this point forward." Dad scowled as he began to shoot daggers at me.

"Grounded? I can't hardly walk thanks to you." I spat, fury already growing inside of me.

"You are to stay in this room and that is final." Dad twitched, already the anger starting to boil inside of him as well.

Mom simply rolled her eyes again as if to say I were the biggest disappointment of the face of the earth, which to me it seemed like they were the big disappointment.

At the sound of the door closing, I leaned over and pulled out my laptop and opened up my blog. I began reading all the heartwarming comment everyone was leaving me.

@elliebellie I loved this post, you are so right about white lies! Honestly I have gone through so much crap due to them. I won't get into it but the list goes on and on. But whatever it is you're going through I believe in you! Keep going strong -Alliebaby101

@elliebellie Not a day I don't go missing your posts! You'll make it through, I believe you have the strength! -Tinyboy2

@elliebellie Once I lied and blamed my dog for causing my mom's favourite vase to fall over. Let's just say when you leave spaghetti hand prints that doesn't help you in your lying skills! Keep blogging on -Valley222Hallie

I wasn't sure how long I had been on my laptop but I looked down at the time, only to then notice the blaring music from downstairs. Of course my parents party was already far underway, which gave me an idea. Whether it was a smart one, I wasn't sure but I planned on doing it anyways.

Sliding on a pair of sweatpants, a oversized hoodie, jacket, mitts, toque, scarf, and a pair of moccasins. I felt prepared to face the outside world, even if my parents had told me otherwise. Slowly making my way down the stairs, I hobbled past the entertainment room, which happened to be filled with all of my friends parents and people from the company my parents worked at.

Making sure no one's attention was focused on me, I dashed past them as fast as I could down to the foyer. Sighing I opened the door and made my way out into freezing cold weather.

"How on earth did you walk here?" Marie looked at my shaking body and dragged me into the warmth of her home, "Take off that jacket and go wrap yourself into that blanket on the couch." Marie sighed, running her hand through her hair, "I'm going to start a pot of tea." Marie walked through the doorway to the kitchen and I made my way into the living room.