six

Monday came sooner than I had wanted but, instead of getting fussy I pushed my quilt off of me

Monday came sooner than I had wanted but, instead of getting fussy I pushed my quilt off of me. Wiping my eyes I looked down at my phone, I had three missed calls and a voicemail. It was probably just Lennie freaking out over nothing.

Holding my phone up to my ear I listened to the voicemail and the voice that spoke was not the one I was expecting.

"Hello sweetie. It's mom," There was a pause in her voice. "I know we were supposed to be back today, but some things have happened over here in New York. Your father and I will be here a couple more weeks figuring out the details and such," Every word that exited my mother's mouth was soothing and hypnotic. "We should be back by the seventeenth," Mom's voice sighed. "Lots of love," Than with those last words the voicemail ended.

They never seemed to have time for their daughter, they were only concerned with work and their own personal lives. I still question why they had me, but it's the way my life played out and I wasn't going to let their lives affect me.

Once I was satisfied with my outfit, I headed downstairs to be greeted by Marie. She was already slaving away at the stove making me eggs and bacon.

"Good morning," I smiled. My hair swished back and forth while I walked.

"Morning, how was that sleepover? I never got the chance to ask yesterday," Marie smiled, placing the plate of food in front of me.

"Good. Lennie is quite hilarious," I took a bit of my buttered toast, "She yelled at me in Thai when I had tried to wake her up," I smirked thinking about the memory.

"She must have been in a bad mood if she was doing that," Marie laughed and wiped her hands on her apron.

"How is Maybelle liking school?," I cut open the top of the yolk to dip my bacon.

"Maybelle is unsure of how she feels," Marie pulled up a stool beside me. "She says she has fun but doesn't like the homework," Marie nudged me and I handed Marie a piece of bacon.

"I can agree on the homework part," I sighed thinking about the project in English.

"Homework isn't so bad, besides it gets those creative juices flowing," Marie finished off her bacon before beginning to clean up the kitchen.

"Creative juices? More like it causes brain damage," I laugh at myself before grabbing my keys from the key rack.

"Don't forget to wear a jacket. It's getting colder," Marie shouted to make sure I heard her in the foyer.

"I won't," I quickly grabbed one of the many coats from the closet before heading out the door.

Zoe had been talking nonstop about the party Saturday in art. It was like she felt she needed to tell me everything that had happened, especially about her and Hunter McKinley hooking up.