eight

I had been regretting the decision of asking Lincoln of where he wanted to meet, being as our project was due tomorrow, whether we would get the chance to do it, didn't matter

I had been regretting the decision of asking Lincoln of where he wanted to meet, being as our project was due tomorrow, whether we would get the chance to do it, didn't matter. If you were with in Mrs. Ledford's class you got it done no matter what.

I walked into the room, the bell hadn't rung yet, which meant Lincoln wasn't here I wanted to curse myself for always being on time, but somehow Marie had implanted it in me since I was little, to never be late because people didn't like. I could see why.

"How are you guys all doing?," Mrs. Ledford closed the door, as she entered the room. "I'm excited to see you present your projects tomorrow," Mrs. Ledford set her giant binder she had been carrying her weak arms onto her desk. "Today-" Mrs. Ledford was cut off by the sound of the door opening. In walked Lincoln and Mike, the two of them never failed to be late. "Gentlemen, so glad you could join us," Mrs. Ledford shook her head and they simply walked to the back. "Anyways as I was saying. We will be having a relaxed day today," Mrs. Ledford walked up and down the rows setting a piece of paper on them. "We are going to analyze poetry," Mrs. Ledford smiled and the entire classroom pouted.

I looked down at the poems, and to me they were perfect. Poetry was always so soothing and comforting, even if I happened to be terrible at writing it.

"Please get into groups of three and analyze one of the two poems," Mrs. Ledford began again. "At the end of class I want you to hand in your analysis as a group," Mrs. Ledford sat at her desk and waved her hand as if to say start.

I got up to join April's group but before I had the chance, Kaylee slipped into the last desk around them. April shrugged and they began discussing one of the poems. I on the other hand kept looking around for a group only to see, Lincoln and Mike to have one free desk by them.

"What brings you to the land of the lost?," Mike snickered, as I sat in the cold chair.

"You were the only group left," I mumbled under my breath as I looked at my sheet.

"What's that?," Mike held his hand up to his ear.

"Nothing," I muttered and wanted internally shoot myself.

"What a priss," Mike rolled his eyes and turned to look at Lincoln. "Is she high maintenance or what? Probably needs her rich friends to save her," Mike continued to laugh and Lincoln seemed to ignore him.

"Princess, are we meeting up tonight to finish our project?," Lincoln scratched his head and began to play with a loose thread on his flannel.

"Yeah," I looked up at Lincoln, focusing my eyes only on him.

"What? But we had plans man," Mike whacked Lincoln across the chest.

"Mr. Davidson. Office now," Mrs. Ledford, pushed her glasses and pointed to the door.

"This ain't f-king over," Mike growled and grabbed his bag and headed out the door.

"Would you all excuse me," Mrs. Ledford proceeded out the door after Mike.