Chapter 20.

"Kenny get up you're going to be late for school,"My mama said as she busted through the door loudly.

"Mhmm just give me one moment,"I groaned not really caring or worrying about getting up anytime soon.

"You have 2 seconds to get up and get ready, 1..."she started.

"Alright alright, I'm up,"I said,"Damn."

"What did you just say?"she asked.

"I'll be down in 20, 30 minutes,"I responded to change the subject. I honestly didn't feel like listening to her fuss.

This is the sixth time in a row I've overslept. I just can't find sleep at night anymore. Maybe because I stay up all night thinking and in my feelings trying to get myself back to my normal self. I honestly don't even remember falling asleep last night or this morning whatever you want to call it. I just know that I need to snap back and quick. What's even worse is that the transmission in my car is messed up so now I'm out of a car for a while. Other than that can you believe I graduate in less than 3 weeks? I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I haven't even decided what I wanted in life besides basketball. I've been accepted to many colleges to places I'm not really even interested in. None offered scholarships so I really don't know what to do. Hopefully I figure it out soon.

"Kenny mama about to leave she say come on and you better be in the car before she is,"Kevon said bursting in my room.

"I'm coming,"I said tossing on a t-shirt and grabbing my backpack.

I headed downstairs grabbing a piece of toast off the stove before going outside. I hurriedly hopped in the passenger side of my moms car and death immediately started calling my name.

"What the hell took you so damn long, you're about to make me late for work,"she fussed.

"I'm sorry,"I apologized.

"Ma can we stop by the store?"Melvin asked.

"For what?"she asked.

"I'm thirsty,"he whined.

"You have a water fountain at school don't you?"she asked.

"I don't want any water,"he replied.

"Too bad,"she responded looking back and over at me,"What's wrong with you Kenny?"

"Me?"I asked.

"No Casper the friendly ghost, yes you,"she responded.

"Nothing why you asked?"I asked.

"You just look like you've been in another world these past few days."she said.

"Really? You think so?"I asked.

"Alright boys here's your stop, stay out of trouble and I love you,"My mama said as we stopped at the Elementary school my brothers go to.

"Love you too, have good day at work mama,"Kevon said.

"What he said,"Melvin added getting out behind Kevon.

"Now spill it, what's wrong?"she asked pulling off.

"Nothing's wrong ma I'm fine seriously,"I said.