Chapter Five: The Only Thing to Say Is Why

Auric's POV

Why? Why would she do this to herself? I didn't understand, and the worst part was that she might not make it. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair for the thousandth time. I didn't want to lose her, but the cuts were so deep and there was a lot of blood.

I slammed my head against the wall. I knew I should've forced her to stay at my house. I went back to the hospital waiting room and...waited. I really couldn't do anything else at this point.

After another thirty minutes of pure agony, a doctor came over to me and said Isolde would be okay. I went into her room and sat in the chair in the corner. She was sleeping so I didn't feel like waking her up just to interrogate her. I sighed again and I fell asleep after awhile.

~~~~

Isolde's POV

I woke up to the smell of antiseptic and the constant beeping of a heart monitor in another room. I knew exactly where I was and I was not pleased. I looked to my left and saw a sleeping Auric. I smiled softly at his sleeping face, he looked so innocent and peaceful. I wondered if I looked innocent and peaceful in my sleep...probably not.

I sat up in my hospital bed and stared at Auric willing him to not wake up as I got out of bed. I grabbed my clothes that were lying on a chair and went into the bathroom. I wrinkled my nose in disgust as the scent of antiseptic filled my nostrils again, only this time it was way stronger. I quickly stripped out of my hospital gown and put my clothes back on, realizing I would need to buy a new shirt later since this one was caked with blood. I gently pulled the IV out of my arm and then applied pressure for about a minute before wrapping it up with a bandage.

I then gently opened the bathroom door to find Auric still asleep. I breathed a sigh of relief and grabbed his hoodie off of the chair he was sitting in. I put it on and zipped it and then walked to the door. I poked my head out to make sure the coast was clear, and then I quickly walked down hallways until I reached the exit.

After I left the hospital, I decided to get ice cream. I was upset and had just escaped from a hospital, I was justified to have a treat. After I payed for my double scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream in a waffle cone, I started to walk towards my house. Unfortunately, I started to feel really guilty for leaving Auric at the hospital with no explanation. Just then though, I felt my phone vibrate so I took it out and checked the text.

From: Auric

Where the FUCK ARE YOU!!!!!!

He apparently woke up, so I sent him a quick reply saying I was walking home. He replied with the logic that I hadn't been released and all that jazz, so I put my phone away. Then I realized he was a contact in my phone and wondered when that happened...most likely when he slept over at my house.

Anyway, I continued walking and eating my ice cream when I heard pounding footsteps behind me. I turned around and found Auric panting. When he caught his breath I waved and he looked pissed. “Why the hell would you leave before being discharged?” he asked me.

'I don't like hospitals.' I typed.

“You do realize you almost died right?” he asked me. I shook my head yes and he sighed, then grabbed my arm and started pulling me back to the hospital. 'No! I refuse to go back there!' I typed while desperately trying to free myself from his grip. He finally released me and turned towards me with the most dejected look on his face. “Why?” he asked.

'...You wouldn't understand.' I typed looking at my shoes.

“Then let me understand!” he yelled gripping my shoulders.

'It doesn't matter what I tell you, it won't change! I will ALWAYS be this dirty, disgusting, and pathetic human being you see in front of you! If I hadn't been such an idiot that day none of this would have ever happened...but it did and most of the time it would just be better if I had never existed at all!' I typed with the salty rivers flowing from my eyes.

“Please, never say that again. You deserve to be alive and if you stop breathing I swear if you try this again, I will never forgive you.” he replied pulling me into a hug.

He held me until I stopped sobbing and then he walked me the rest of the way home. He gave me another hug before he left, and once again warned me to not try to commit suicide again. I nodded and walked into my house. I was greeted by silence and walked into the kitchen. My parents left me a note saying they were going to be away on a business trip for a month. Yeah, my parents sure did love me.

~~~~

I lifted up my shirt and was staring at my sides in the mirror. I sighed and ran my hands over the cuts. There were twenty fresh cuts on each side but they weren't as deep as the ones on my wrists. The ones on my wrists almost killed while the ones on my sides added to the blood loss. I let my shirt go and flopped onto my bed. I jammed my earbuds in and blasted music until I fell asleep.

~~~~

A/N: Okay, I finally updated so you can finally read more of this story. I'm sorry this chapter is really short but I didn't really know what to write for this chapter soooo yeah. I'm also writing a play based off of this story for a playwriting competition that also counts as my final exam for my playwriting class. I'm also really sorry about the spacing of this chapter but I'm in the process of moving all of my crap to both my dad's condo and my grandma's house so I really don't have time to revise this chapter and fix it soooo yeah, i also didn't really have time to write either which is why it took me so long to update. Good news though, I'm on Spring Break so hopefully I'll be able to update more once I'm done moving which should be done on Wednesday so YAY!!! Anyway, until chapter six adios ^_^