Chapter Twelve: It's Too Much for Me, so I'm Running from It All

I sighed and looked to my right as I was laying upside down on my bed. In the corner of my room I saw my violin case. I sat up and hopped off of my bed. I picked the case up and opened it to reveal my eleven year old violin. I picked Steve out of his case-yes, I had named my violin Steve when I was six-and I put it under my chin. I put the bow to the strings and out came the worst noise I had ever heard.

I hadn't played violin for six years and apparently I couldn't remember how to play. I laughed and put Steve back in his case. I opened the doors in my room leading to the balcony. I stepped out and took a deep breath. I had missed London despite coming back about six times a year. However, I hadn't uttered a word since I was fourteen. I had moved to the United States that year and then I stopped speaking. Maybe I should tell Auric when we get back since he is my fiancé now. It was really weird saying that.

I looked down at my ring finger and smiled, I really did love the ring I had picked out. I walked back into my room and heard a frantic knock at my door. I opened the door and Elizabeth practically threw Auric into my room. “Grandmother is going to be questioning you guys about your relationship in about two hours so be ready.” she said and left.

“So, do you know what your lovely grandmother is going to be asking us?” Auric asked looking around my room.

'I have an idea...' I wrote trailing off and pulling him towards my bed.

Basically, we sat on my bed for two hours playing twenty questions...well in this case more like sixty questions. My mother quickly knocked on my door and opened it saying Grandmother would like to speak to us. I grabbed Auric's hand and we followed my mother to the study once again. After we arrived my mother promptly left and Auric and I sat on the couch across from Grandmother. She poured the three of us tea and I added some honey to mine along with a splash of milk. I took a small sip before the questions started. They started off relatively easy until she asked what Auric loved the most about me. “Well, I don't know...maybe the way her blue eyes sparkle when she's really happy or her laugh, or maybe how soft her hair is or maybe just herself in general. To be honest, I can't choose just one thing I love about her.” he replied smoothly. I blushed and tried to cover it up by taking another sip of tea. “Well Isolde, it's your turn to answer.” my grandmother said turning to face me.

I put my tea down and grabbed my pad of paper and my pen. I thought for a moment and realized I couldn't just choose one thing either. I sighed and wrote that I loved that he was amazing. What can I say, I was nervous and that was the only thing I could come up with. She clucked her tongue at me and Auric chuckled. “Well Auric, I have one question left to ask you...why doesn't my granddaughter speak anymore?” she asked point blank. My eyes widened and I looked at the floor. “Well, she hasn't exactly told me why.” he said looking away.

“What do you mean she hasn't told you?! You're engaged already!”

“I never exactly pushed the issue, I don't mind that she doesn't speak.”

“Isolde, I believe that both Auric and I deserve to know why you don't speak.” my grandmother said to me harshly.

I felt tears rolling down my face already. I didn't want them to know, I didn't want anyone to know. I especially didn't want Grandmother to know. I could feel their eyes on me and I couldn't take it anymore, I bolted out of the room and down the hall only stopping when Auric grabbed my wrist. He spun me around to face him and I stubbornly refused to look at him. He sighed and lifted my head by the chin so that I had to look at him. “Could you please tell me? I promise I won't care what it is.” he pleaded with me. I furiously shook my head no until I got dizzy. “Please, I want to help you!” he practically shouted.

“...I-I can't!” I yelled and then covered my mouth.

“D-did you just speak?” he asked. To be honest, my shout came out more like a whisper since I hadn't talked in years but he still heard me.

I wrenched myself out of his grip and ran out the front door. I ran and ran until I fell. I slowly picked myself up and sat on the ground. I looked up to the sky to see it had turned dark and the stars were coming out. I had to go back but I really didn't want to. I looked at the time on my phone and sighed since it was only like nine.

I couldn't sitting for about five minutes until an idea came to me. Once again I had another terrible idea but it was still the only idea I had.

~~~~

Why did I decide to do this again?, I thought as I stared at my balcony. I the turned around and looked at the tree behind me. I sighed and decided to just go for it.

I grabbed the tree branch that was closest to me and I started climbing the tree. It took me thirty minutes to reach the top. I was more athletic than I thought. However, I had no idea how I was going to get onto my balcony. The tree couldn't reach it and even on my tiptoes I couldn't reach it either. Then a thought popped into my head. I could jump onto my balcony. Fuck it, I thought and jumped.

Bad plan. VERY bad plan. I was hanging onto the very bottom of my balcony with one hand. I was about to fall when Auric grabbed my hand and pulled me up. “What the hell are you doing?” he asked confused.

'Oh you know, just climbing up a tree and trying to not fall to my death.' I typed into my phone.

“Why wouldn't you just come through the front door?” he asked. I shrugged and he sighed leaving me in my room.

After he left, I locked my door and opened a new savings account. I transferred all of the money in my old one to the new one. I hoped my parents wouldn't find out. After that I bought a plane ticket to New York that was in about five hours. I then grabbed my suitcase and stuffed it full of crap. Then I realized I needed my backpack too so I stuffed it full of crap too.

I then threw my suitcase over the side of my balcony and it landed with a loud thump on the ground. I waited fifteen minutes to make sure no one was coming, and then I jumped into the tree. I must say, trees do not make good landing places. I then ran over to my suitcase and then ran down to the bank I transferred all of my funds to. I got a new card and then I made my way to the airport.

By the time I got through security I had five minutes to get on the plane. I was running to board the plane when I heard someone yell my name. I turned and saw Auric running after me. Shit!, I thought and ran even faster. I actually outran Auric to the plane and got on at the last possible second. I went to my seat in first class...what can I say, I like luxury. The plane was getting ready to take off and I saw Auric running to the plane and subsequently get tackled by a security guard. He elbowed the guard in the nose and I think he broke it as he continued running towards my plane. I'm sorry, I thought as I saw him get tackled by three more security guards. My plane then took off and I left Auric in England. If he knew me well enough, he should be able to figure out where I was going.

~~~~

A/N: Holy crap, she left him in England and she also spoke :O Yeah, the next chapter is going to be in Auric's POV just because it would be boring in Isolde's so yeah. So, what did you guys think of the chapter? It also took me an hour to find a song to go with this chapter and the song still doesn't really fit...whatever. Oh yeah, the picture on the side is of her engagement ring. Anyway, vote, comment, and follow if you feel like it...byeeeeeeeee ^_^