Chapter Eleven: Buy Me a Ring and Make Me Yours

We were finally landing after a ten hour flight. I looked to my left and found a snoozing Auric. I shook him awake and he asked me what was going on. 'We're landing.' I wrote.

“Oh, how long was I out?” he asked.

'A couple hours.' I replied and went back to staring out the window.

When the plane landed and we got off, I stretched my weary limbs. Sitting in a plane for ten hours is not fun, but I was glad to finally be back in England. We then went inside the Heathrow airport and got our bags and left relatively quickly. As we got in the car my parents had ordered our driver to bring I silently wished we wouldn't be going to the mansion. Unfortunately, my wish was not answered and we were at the mansion. I took a peak at Auric's reaction and it was one of awe. I poked him in the stomach and motioned my head towards the mansion.

When he entered the house (yes, I call it a house) I swear his eyes grew to saucers. I didn't think it was all that impressive but I grew up in it from the ages of eight to thirteen so you know. I grabbed his hand and led him to his room on the second floor. I practically shoved him into the room and told him to get ready for dinner. An hour later I emerged from my room wearing a Vivienne Westwood dress. I walked down the hall and knocked on Auric's door. “Yeah?” he answered the door shirtless.

'One, why are you shirtless? And two, whatever you do DON'T eat the black pudding.' I wrote.

“Well, I'm shirtless because I haven't put a shirt on yet. And what the fuck is black pudding?”

'You don't want to know, just don't eat it.' I wrote and started to walk to the dining room when Auric grabbed wrist and pulled me into his room. He shut the door behind us and I walked to the bed and sat down. He went into the closet and pulled out a blood red dress shirt. “Is this shirt fancy enough?” he asked shoving it in my face.

'It's fine, just don't wear skinny jeans and band shirts to dinner with my family.' I replied.

“Well, I would know this if you had happened to mention your parents were business tycoons from England.”

'It doesn't really come up in normal conversation.' I replied with a shrug.

“Well I don't think they really like me.”

'That's because they caught us sleeping in my bedroom.'

“Are you sure it's not the snakebites?” he asked with a grin.

'Well, I know they're not fans of them. Anyway let's go, we're going to be late for dinner and my grandparents get to meet you.'

After that, Auric got his shirt on and I helped him put on a tie. He wanted to put on a yellow tie but I made a face and threw him a black one. Then he told me he didn't know how to tie it so I ended up doing it. We then went down the stairs and he followed me to the dining room. We took our seats and we ended up being the last to arrive and I got berated by my parents.

Of course, during dinner Auric was offered black pudding but he politely declined. I'm glad he took my warning to heart. He of course asked me what it was again and I told him I'd tell him later. After dinner was over, my parents told me to change and then come meet them in the study. I changed into one of my many sweaters, only this time it said: I'm sorry its just that I literally do not care at all. I felt that it was very appropriate for this situation. I then put on a pair of red shorts.

I started to pad over to the study when Auric tackled me to the ground accidentally. How you accidentally tackle someone I don't know, but it somehow happened. He apologized and then continued walking with me to the study. Once we reached it I tried to get him to go away but he wouldn't leave so I sighed and let him follow me inside. “Why is your guest here?” my mother asked me with a glare.