Chapter Fifteen: Oh, so Now You Want to Be Distant

I didn't go back to school for the rest of the week. Auric kept trying to get a hold of me, but I kept sending him to voicemail and deleting his texts. To be honest, I felt kind of bad for doing that to him but he really hurt me.

Anyway when I got to the school, I saw Auric yelling into his phone. I didn't have time to eavesdrop on the call though, because he hung up before I got close enough to hear the conversation. Before he saw me though, he threw his phone on the ground effectively smashing it into a million pieces and started running his hands through his hair rather frantically.

Despite the fact that I was still upset with him, I wanted to make him feel better. So, I walked up to him rather cautiously and tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped at my touch and spun around on his heel to face me. “Oh, Isolde...hi.” he said looking paranoid.

“Um, are you okay?” I asked.

“Uh, yeah...uh, you know what, you should probably stay away from me for a few days.” he replied and ran away from me and into the school.

Okay, he was being really weird. Well, weirder than usual and I didn't like it. I hope it wasn't because I had dodged around his calls and texts. Then again, he deserved that treatment after he kissed that slut.

Anyway, I didn't see Auric again until the end of the day in our last class, which is U.S. History. Throughout the entire class, he couldn't focus and he kept playing with one of his lip rings. His eyes kept shifting around the room and he couldn't stop tapping his foot up and down. He was either very nervous or terrified of something.

As soon as the bell rang, he bolted out of the classroom. I tried to follow him, but I still ended up losing him in the crowd of students. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. I walked out of the school, and contemplated either walking to Auric's house, or just going home. My gut was telling me to go to Auric's, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it and I went home.

~~~~

Auric. He was haunting my dreams at one in the morning, so I decided to get up. I grabbed my sketchbook off of the floor, and opened it up to a clean page. I grabbed a pencil and I started to draw. Unfortunately, I ended up drawing Auric's face. Seriously, I just wanted to forget about him. This happened three times in a row, and I finally gave up letting my sketchbook fall back onto the floor. When it fell, it opened to a random page.

I looked down and studied the picture. It was a fallen angel I had drawn back when I was fourteen. He was laying on the ground with his face bloody and beaten. His wings were broken and he was dying. However, I could still see how beautiful he was. I then noticed the striking resemblance between my fallen angel and Auric.

After staring at the drawing for a few more minutes, I finally decided to go see Auric. I had a feeling that he wasn't okay. I didn't even change out of the cat pajamas I was wearing. I quickly threw on a pair of TOMS and ran down the stairs. I stole the keys to my mom's car and quietly left the house. I got in the car and started it up. I took a deep breath and then I placed my hands on the steering wheel and backed out of my driveway.

I drove all the way to Auric's street before I stopped. I decided to park the car a few blocks away from Auric's house and walked the rest of the way there. However, when I started to near his house I heard shouting. “You little piece of shit! Do you think you can tell me what to do?! Huh...answer me you little shit!” someone slurred.

“Dad, please just go. Mom isn't here and even if she was, she doesn't want to see you!” I heard Auric yell.

I quietly tip toed closer and I hid in a bush once I could see them. Auric was arguing with a middle-aged man who was obviously drunk. “You fuck, don't disobey your father!” the drunken man yelled.

“I stopped considering you as my father a long time ago.” Auric replied and looked away from his father.

This made his father angry, so he smashed the beer bottle he was holding on Auric's head. After that, he punched Auric in the stomach and he went down. Once he was on the ground, his father kept kicking him over, and over, and over again. Finally once he was satisfied, he spit on Auric and got his truck and drove away.

Once I was sure that he was gone, I ran over to Auric's immobile body. I turned him over onto his back and he opened his eyes. “Am I finally dead?” he asked but the question wasn't directed at me.

“No, I'm sorry to inform you that I'm no angel.” I replied and he cracked a small smile despite his busted lip.

“You look like one to me.”

“An angel wouldn't be as broken as me.”

“Well, then you're my angel.” he replied and tried to sit up.

“You probably shouldn't move.” I said panicking slightly as I watched him grimace.

“I shouldn't do a lot of things, but I still do them.” he replied with a shrug.

“Auric...what just happened with your father?” I asked looking away.

“...Nothing.” he replied after a moment.

“Auric-” I was cut off by him.

“No Isolde, I...I don't want to lose you.” he whispered as he pulled me into him.

He buried his face into my shoulder and I felt his warm tears fall onto my skin. I wrapped my arms around him then and in that moment I forgave him. I didn't really know how to comfort him though, so I just stroked his hair with one of my hands.

Eventually, he pulled away from me and looked at the ground. I didn't really know what else to do, so I stood up and was about to leave when he grabbed my wrist. “Please, don't go.” he whispered still looking at the ground.

“Auric...” I said and trailed off as I stared at his face. He may have been bruised and bleeding but he was still beautiful.

I dropped to my knees in front of him and pulled his face towards mine. Before either one of us could react, I had pressed my lips to his. For a moment he didn't do anything, and then he started to kiss me back. He wrapped one of his arms around my waist and then his other hand cupped my cheek. I pulled away after what felt like an eternity and Auric was staring at me. “Isolde I...no, j-just promise not to leave me when I tell you.” he whispered. I felt his breath fan across my face with every word.

“No, I won't force you to tell me. But for your sake, I promise I won't leave you.” I whispered just audible enough for Auric to hear me.

“Thank you.” he said and kissed me again.

~~~~

I didn't leave Auric's house until four in the morning. I left him with the promise that I would come back over after I left for school. It's not like my parents really cared about what I did.

When I got back to my house, I put on one of my usual sweaters and I threw on a pair of gray skinny jeans. I then dumped everything out of my messenger bag. I put one of my digital cameras, my sketchbook, a few pens and pencils, and a large box of two hundred colored pencils into my bag. I threw it onto my shoulder and walked out the front door. My parents didn't even acknowledge me as I left. Instead of walking to the right towards the school, I went left and never looked back as I made my way back to Auric's house.

~~~~

A/N: So, I finally updated. Do you love me? Anyway, I bet none of you were expecting that to happen now were you? I feel so bad for Auric, but at least Isolde forgave him. I'm so mean to the main characters. Anyways, it took me forever to write this chapter because I didn't know how to fill in the middle. I had the beginning and the end so yeah. So, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always comment, vote, and follow if you want...byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ^_^