Chapter Twenty-One: Three Little Words Break Me (Auric's POV)

An hour. That's how long I had been alone in my house. No mom or Isolde, just me. It had taken me a full sixty minutes to finally lose my composure.

After Isolde left, I had managed to stay calm for about thirty minutes before I started to really think about everything. After sixty, I had gone into full blown panic about everything that could go wrong. I mean, a baby is an actual person and they cost money. I was going to have to change diapers which was terrifying, mostly because I didn't know how to actually put one on a baby.

I sighed and walked to the bathroom. I splashed some cold water on my face and took a deep breath. I could do this, I needed to be strong and supportive...for Isolde.

I dried my face and went back into my room. To stop myself from pacing, I grabbed my phone and started to blare music. I needed something to get me to stop thinking, and music was just the thing. However, I eventually fell asleep to it and woke up to my annoying alarm clock.

I sat up very quickly rather confused. I turned my alarm off and looked at my phone. I sighed and got up to take a shower.

After my shower, I practically ran back to my bedroom. I quickly threw on a clean pair of boxers and then some black skinny jeans. As I was drying my hair I pulled a Bring Me The Horizon shirt out of my closet and threw it on.

I raced back to the bathroom and straightened my hair. Just as I was about to leave though, I decided to put on some eyeliner. Then I quickly pulled on a pair of socks and shoved my feet into my combat boots.

I grabbed my keys and backpack and hopped into my car after locking the front door. I broke a few traffic laws as I rushed to school but thankfully no cops were around to pull me over.

I eventually pulled into the school and parked. I then ran to class and made it just in time. I really needed to stop waking up late.

~~~~

Lunch eventually rolled around and I nearly shouted in happiness. I found Isolde by her locker putting her books inside. “Please tell me you have food.” I said as I leaned on the locker next to hers.

“And if I say I don't?” she asked with a smile.

“I'll die of starvation because I haven't eaten all day.” I replied.

“Actually, the worst that will happen is that you'll faint but thank you for that lovely image. Unfortunately, I was up all night freaking out about my pregnancy so I woke up late and didn't have time to make us food.” she said with an apologetic smile.

“Shall we go on a short road trip then?” I suggested.

“As long as you get me back before our next class starts.”

“Well, that's probably not going to happen but you get to spend time with me.” I replied with a grin.

“Oh joy.” she said sarcastically with a smirk as she followed me out of the school.

We ended up at a small diner a bit outside of town. We walked in and were greeted by a rather perky waitress. She sat us down and handed us menus. After a few minutes we placed our orders and then we were left to our own devices.

I looked around the small diner and realized it was pretty empty. There was an elderly man sitting alone at the counter and then there were two more teenagers, one was a guy who had blue hair and more piercings than I had and he was sitting with a girl who was scowling at him. I turned back to Isolde and saw that she was staring out the window. “What are you thinking about?” I asked taking a sip of my drink.

“A lot of things.” she said with a sigh turning towards me.

“Like...”

“Graduation, Christmas, your birthday, the baby, even prom and I hate prom.”

“Well, graduation isn't until May and my birthday was last week. However Christmas is what in two weeks?” I replied.

“...I missed your birthday?” she asked with a horrified expression on her face.

“It's no big deal.” I tried to reassure her.

“I missed your eighteenth birthday! It is a big deal!” she shouted.

“I promise you it's fine. Uh, so have you had any pregnancy symptoms?” I asked trying to calm her down.

“Not yet thank God.” she said just as our food arrived.

~~~~

After we finished eating, we didn't feel like going back to school so we went to Isolde's house. We ended up sitting in her living room and watching a bunch of movies. We both eventually fell asleep on the couch watching Peter Pan.

When I woke up, I checked the time on my phone and it was two in the morning. I sat up and did my best to climb over Isolde without waking her up, which I somehow managed to do. I then turned off the TV and picked her up. I put her in her bed and when I was about to leave she grabbed my hand. “I thought you were sleeping.” I said with a smile.

“I was, but I need to tell something.” she said.

“Okay...” I said kneeling down next to her bed.

“Well, you probably already know this and everything but I was always too worried and nervous to say anything so I finally got up the courage to tell you today but I'm still really scared so...fuck it.” she said and kissed me.

“I love you.” she whispered after she pulled away.

My eyes widened after I understood what she had just said. I mean, I knew she loved me but to my knowledge she had never actually said it. She was waiting expectantly for my reply and I told her that I loved her too and she smiled. After that, I left and went home.

Once I got back to my house, my mom had already left to go on a business trip. I walked up to my room and sat on my bed contemplating what had just happened. Isolde had just told me she loved me which was big thing, however, it brought back some rather unpleasant memories.

I held my head in my hands as I remembered about why my mother and I had moved here in the first place. I couldn't take it anymore so I went down to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of vodka. It was time to open some old wounds. I could only hope my future child wouldn't end up like me. Breaking inside because of the three loveliest words in the world.

~~~~

A/N: So, random chapter in Auric's POV...yaaaaaaay. Anyway, I didn't really know what to write for this chapter until I listened to the song on the side. Unfortunately, I didn't really have anything to write in Isolde's POV which is why it's in Auric's POV. I'm sorry if you're upset about that but the next chapter will be back in Isolde's POV so yeah. Also, exciting news is that I'm getting a kitten next week and I'm sooooo excited!!!!! He's my little baby ^_^ Also, I'm going to dye my hair purple relatively soon too so yeah. Anyways, vote, comment, and follow if you want to...byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ^_^