Chapter Eight: Road Trip?! (Part One)

The final bell rang and I slowly put my stuff into my messenger bag before I walked out of the classroom. I sighed. I hadn't seen Auric all day and now the whole two week break was starting. I suppose I could text him and see if he could buy me ice cream, but I was too shy. Curse my social anxiety, then again I wasn't really scared of Auric. Curse my mixed feelings!

I was almost to my locker when I heard someone snickering behind me. I slowly turned around despite my better judgment, and out came Kyan. I really didn't feel like dealing with him at the moment...or ever really. I tried to pretend I didn't see him but it was too late. He ended up pinning me to a locker and a toothy grin appeared on his face. “So how's my little lamb, I haven't seen you in ages.” he said. I shrugged and looked away. “Aw come on now, don't be like that.” he said and pulled my face to look at him. “I always see you talking to that emo freak. Why won't you talk to me?”

'Maybe because he's actually a nice person.' I typed into my phone. Wow, where did this confidence come from?

“Heh, we'll see about that.” he replied walking away while cackling. Yes, he seriously cackled.

Anyway, I finally made it to my locker and grabbed the textbooks I would need over the break. I blew my bangs out of my face and crashed into a wall. Well, I thought it was a wall but it was person with a really hard chest. I slowly looked up to see who had been the victim of my clumsiness, and was greeted by a large grin. I took a small step back and waved. “So, how do you feel about a road trip?” Auric asked me with the grin still on his face.

'What?' I typed.

“You, me, road trip right now.” he replied.

'Once again, what?' I typed.

He sighed and just grabbed both my textbooks and my wrist. He pulled me out of the school building and walked me over to a car. Well, an Audi r8 to be more exact. He opened the trunk and put my textbooks in it before shutting it and opening the passenger door for me. I really don't know what possessed me to get in the car but I did and when that door closed I had sealed my fate.

~~~~

'We're so going to fucking die Auric!' I typed into his phone.

“We're not going to die babe.” he replied then realized his slip-up.

'Did you just call me babe?' I asked.

“Nope, I said labe.”

'...What?'

“You know, shortening the word label to labe.”

'What...the fuck?'

“Just stop thinking.” he replied with a slight blush on his cheeks.

I laughed at his embarrassment and looked down the street hoping to spot another car. What happened was the Audi had run out of gas and we were stuck in the middle of nowhere. At least we had some snacks to tide us over for now. I sighed and turned back to Auric who was sitting on the hood. Then I opened the passenger door and got a Doodlecake. Yup, a sweet delicious Doodlecake. It was kind of like a Zebra Cake but sooo much better.

Anyway, I opened the package and started to munch on my sweet snack when Auric took it out of my hands and ate a huge chunk of it before giving it back. I punched his arm but smiled all the same while finishing off the cake. I then went back into the car and got the can of whipped cream. I quietly snuck up behind Auric and sprayed it all over his face. “What the?! Why did you just cover my face in whipped cream?” he asked.

'I don't know, but you kind of look like Sandy Claws.' I replied laughing.

“Did you just make a movie reference?”